Author Topic: Uk Wills online has anyone ordered any?  (Read 16819 times)

Offline StevieSteve

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Uk Wills online has anyone ordered any?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 December 14 07:52 GMT (UK) »
If you've got an Ancestry subscription, it might be easier to find the details on there and enter them into the form

I would imagine that changes to the website functionality will mainly be as a result of feedback from the law profession but adding your two-penn'orth can't hurt

The feedback link is a mailto address so if you right-click it and then "Copy email address", you can then paste it into your email program
Middlesex: KING,  MUMFORD, COOK, ROUSE, GOODALL, BROWN
Oxford: MATTHEWS, MOSS
Kent: SPOONER, THOMAS, KILLICK, COLLINS
Cambs: PRIGG, LEACH
Hants: FOSTER
Montgomery: BREES
Surrey: REEVE

Offline Yukon Brat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Time is the best gift!
    • View Profile
Re: Uk Wills online - Works just fine now
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 January 15 01:51 GMT (UK) »
I ordered 15 wills on Dec 26, and I got an email notification today that they were available.  Downloading was no problem.
Taylor, Metcalfe, Garvey, Hammond, Hopper, Lodge, Lofthouse, Britton, Sage, Kitching (ALL in Yorkshire - North Riding)

Offline Miss Trees

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 January 15 02:02 GMT (UK) »
I received an email today also that my wills were delivered, but same problem, nowhere to download.
I tried in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer (and Safari just for kicks).
I have sent an email off to their "Feedback" address.

Offline Yukon Brat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Time is the best gift!
    • View Profile
Re: Uk Wills online - download problems
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 January 15 02:13 GMT (UK) »
To those people who are having download problems:

It may be that when you click on the link to download and seemingly nothing happens, when in fact, the file has actually been successfully downloaded and you just need to be able to figure out where the downloaded file is stored on your computer. 

I suggest that people 'google' the problem; e.g. search criteria such as "where are my downloaded files [firefox] [chrome] [internet explorer]
Taylor, Metcalfe, Garvey, Hammond, Hopper, Lodge, Lofthouse, Britton, Sage, Kitching (ALL in Yorkshire - North Riding)

Offline StevieSteve

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 January 15 03:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yukon

I don't think that's the problem here, it's that there's no download link to click
Middlesex: KING,  MUMFORD, COOK, ROUSE, GOODALL, BROWN
Oxford: MATTHEWS, MOSS
Kent: SPOONER, THOMAS, KILLICK, COLLINS
Cambs: PRIGG, LEACH
Hants: FOSTER
Montgomery: BREES
Surrey: REEVE

Offline napierite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 08 January 15 04:34 GMT (UK) »
Yes StevieSteve, There is nothing to click onto to download and the only thing in the "download" column is the word "Never". I sent a feed back message to them and rec'd reply 3 Jan :saying "This is to acknowledge receipt of your message. If you have a query regarding placing an order or a placed order, we will endeavour to provide a response as soon as possible."
As yet nothing.  ::)
When I have ordered copies of Certificates it has only taken a max of ten days for them to come to New Zealand by post!

Durrant, Haffenden, Cornwall, Parker - Sussex.
Street, Walden, Emery, Clayton - London/Middlesex
Roberts, Atwood, Dowsett, Clemett, Renner, Benge, M(a)cDonald, Elliott

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 08 January 15 07:28 GMT (UK) »
Same here: two emails sent, automated acknowledgment received on 2 Jan, but no answer, and still no download link.
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 08 January 15 08:54 GMT (UK) »
I only have a small gripe about this great new service...there are 67 pages of Smiths in 1873 and I'm after Robert  :-\
A Christian name search facility would be a great boon, maybe that's on the cards for a later date  :)

You can search by christian name too if you use the advanced search facility!  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 08 January 15 09:07 GMT (UK) »
I only have a small gripe about this great new service...there are 67 pages of Smiths in 1873 and I'm after Robert  :-\
A Christian name search facility would be a great boon, maybe that's on the cards for a later date  :)

You can search by christian name too if you use the advanced search facility!  ;D

Only for 1996 and later, before that you unfortunately have to scroll through the pages. :-\  There is no Advanced Search facility for before that date.

I did wonder if say entering a surname that would appear after the one required might take me to the end and I could go back a few pages but this doesn't work. :-X
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day