Author Topic: Edward Bowyer  (Read 5999 times)

Offline oxeye

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Bowyer
« Reply #18 on: Friday 16 August 19 17:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you Trish. I was hoping to get a reply from Steve Hyde in Canberra,as it looks like there could well be a connection. We went to look at the Arthea Farmhouse in Tregare last week, and all the other properties that this family seemed to own at some point.All I can do is hope that he might see this.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 17 August 19 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi again, yes Steve hasnt been on here for awhile.
Have you tried a PM as you have made 3 post on here it is activated for you now.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline oxeye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 17 August 19 15:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I assume that is 'send a message'? I'll try that

Offline Nanna Clare

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 27 October 19 20:04 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you are still looking at this.

I'm descended from Thomas Bowyer of Sedgley, the same line as Steve. His father was Edward the Younger and Edward the Younger's parents were Edward the Elder, of Luntley, Herefordshire and Mary Williams of Tregare, Monmouthshire. We have long suspected that they were other Bowyers in the Raglan/Usk area as they were mentioned in papers, wills...

After a rest I have started to look at this again! Edward B, b. 1794, Trellick, married, firstly, Mary Theakston, 11:04:1816, St John the Baptist, Gloucester. They appear to have had 2 children, William and Edward. He then marries Isabella Theakston, 22:06:1823, St George the Martyr, Southwark, I assume the 2 Theakstons were related, possibly sisters. It is the same Edward as the signature is the same.  What is interesting is that on 22:06:1823, at St George the Martyr, Southwark, Edward was christened, son of Edward and Isabella. I think this was a way of Edward's step mother taking responsibility for him. The only fly in the ointment is why wasn't William also christened.

By 1841 the family are living in Usk, apart from  Edward the son, I have found records that place them there. Sometime in the next 10 years they moved to the North East??????????

Hope this helps!

Offline oxeye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 28 October 19 17:32 GMT (UK) »
I have sent you a Private message. I shope that you get it.

Offline Nanna Clare

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 29 October 19 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Oxeye,

Took some doing but I received your message but am unable to send you a PM.

It's a fascinating line. If you can bridge to gap between Edward's father John and Edward the Younger, son of Edward and Mary Williams there is enough to keep you busy all winter!

Happy Hunting.