Author Topic: Christopher Whitehead (b 1818) parents  (Read 10346 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Whitehead (b 1818) parents
« Reply #36 on: Monday 12 January 15 22:56 GMT (UK) »
AND if we go back to a previous thread by gliesian66  - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=709748.0 in which he has added a partial tree.  I'm not sure where this tree comes from, but it doesn't sit quite right - to me  :-\

In this tree we have Christopher Whitehead married to Mary Whitehead with children -

John Whitehead born 1856 in Pool, Joseph BALDWIN Whitehead born 1859 in Burley and William Whitehead born 1853 in Burley.

So looking at the fan chart this is presumably the same John Whitehead who married Jane Bailey?
His parents in the fan chart are Christopher Whitehead b 13 Jun 1818 and MRS WHIEHEAD b 10 Mar 1827.

To me alarm bells are ringing as Christopher Whitehead's wife is named as MRS Whitehead This seems a little odd since an exact date of birth and death is given for her yet her name is not known.  :-\  Is she Mary? Is Whitehead her maiden name? (so a Whitehead marrying a Whitehead?)

May I ask if you put these trees together yourself or were you given them by a third party?

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 12 January 15 23:25 GMT (UK) »
I really donīt understand your problem here Ruskie. This is the second time you have suggested that gliesian66 is borrowing from other trees. Whilst he is new to English research he is learning quickly about our resources and doing his own research. Christopher Whitehead married Mary Whitehead in Otley, Yorkshire in 1847.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 12 January 15 23:29 GMT (UK) »
AND if we go back to a previous thread by gliesian66  - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=709748.0 in which he has added a partial tree.  I'm not sure where this tree comes from, but it doesn't sit quite right - to me  :-\

In this tree we have Christopher Whitehead married to Mary Whitehead with children -

John Whitehead born 1856 in Pool, Joseph BALDWIN Whitehead born 1859 in Burley and William Whitehead born 1853 in Burley.

So looking at the fan chart this is presumably the same John Whitehead who married Jane Bailey?
His parents in the fan chart are Christopher Whitehead b 13 Jun 1818 and MRS WHIEHEAD b 10 Mar 1827.

To me alarm bells are ringing as Christopher Whitehead's wife is named as MRS Whitehead This seems a little odd since an exact date of birth and death is given for her yet her name is not known.  :-\  Is she Mary? Is Whitehead her maiden name? (so a Whitehead marrying a Whitehead?)

May I ask if you put these trees together yourself or were you given them by a third party?

My research.  the Baldwin is borrowed though and is probably wrong.  Whitehead did marry whitehead and i just sent out for there marriage certificate to get their parents names. 

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 12 January 15 23:47 GMT (UK) »
I really donīt understand your problem here Ruskie. This is the second time you have suggested that gliesian66 is borrowing from other trees. Whilst he is new to English research he is learning quickly about our resources and doing his own research. Christopher Whitehead married Mary Whitehead in Otley, Yorkshire in 1847.

No problem - just curious. The OP has not answered my previous question regarding the origin of his tree, and has now put forward his tree in a different format which is why I asked again.

The OP seems to be asking the most basic questions which is why I was questioning how he has managed to get back so far in his research. I realise he is learning.

I think you have misunderstood my question and the reasons behind it. I did not say that the OP is borrowing from other trees. And I am not implying that there is anything wrong with basing your research on other's research. I was asking if he had 'inherited' the tree from a relative. We all know that sometimes others (even family members) can get it wrong and I was advising the OP to check for himself. If he is doing this, then that is a good thing.

So I hope that clarifies why I was asking the OP where the information came from. If he had replied to me himself then I would not have asked a second time when he put up this fan chart.

Christopher Whitehead married Mary Whitehead in Otley, Yorkshire in 1847.

I just wanted to clarify that point.

Thank you for answering on behalf of the OP.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 12 January 15 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the reply Robert and for the clarification. It will be interesting to investigate whether or not there is a family connection between Christopher and Mary. Something to perhaps chase up further down the track I expect.  :)

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 13 January 15 01:30 GMT (UK) »

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 13 January 15 08:43 GMT (UK) »
The second brain cell has just kicked in - YorkshireBMD confirm a marriage in 1847 between Mary Whitehead and Christopher Whitehead at Otley District Registered Building.  ;)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 13 January 15 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Yes thatīs right and as previously mentioned he is currently waiting for the certificate which is ordered. This will help to go further with the research as to whether Christopher and Mary might be cousins.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 13 January 15 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Ruskie,  thanks for the advice and insight...

Basically, I'm trying.

I have made mistakes in the past... I actually took weeks to buid my tree out to dozens of generations by piggy-backing off of ancestry nodes of other people... then I found a sour link and it took me months to go in and remove everyone.  Now I'm just about 5 to 6 generations back, almost across the board... and I may have one or two mistakes, as in the case of Joseph Baldwin... but outside of those, I think my tree is actually really solid.

I am very serious about extending this Whitehead line(s) in the tree, and I realize that going at it alone isn't enough, so I appreciate all the help I can get.

I'm also doing something rather unique as I'm trying to get as many people DNA tested in my Whitehead line with varying degrees of relationships to me: http://robertjliguori.blogspot.com/2015/01/whitehead-generations-analysis.html

Because of the first-cousin marriage and other possible cousin marriages in the tree, I'm not sure how it's affecting the DNA... but it will be an interesting case study nonetheless.

Any help or guidance you can give is HIGHLY appreciated. 

-- Robert