Author Topic: Young family living on Jersey around 1860  (Read 5615 times)

Offline A Steve

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Young family living on Jersey around 1860
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 00:21 GMT (UK) »
There is a death record for a Henry Young in the St Helier indexes which cover the period from Dec 1861 to May 1863, it is on page 71 so he probably died in late 1862 or early 1863.

I can look at the register next time I am in St Helier to make sure that he is the right guy as his occupation should be listed.

;D That would be brilliant, that's a mystery solved.
Now I'm wondering what killed him, I suppose only the death certificate would tell me that.
Thanks for your help with this, I really appreciate your help.

Steve 
Abbott,Wright,Cox,Green,Ross,Young,Brooks,Wolf,Sansom,Nash,Basinger,Wallace,Driver,Munday,Waite Watson.

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Having looked at the death record I'm not sure that it is a mystery solved.

This Henry Young died on December 20th, 1862, unusually the register does not include his age or his occupation, which I'm sure it would have done if he had family in the island. Also he died in prison!

I think I'll have another look through the indexes next time I'm at the Archive in case there's another one.

Offline A Steve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Having looked at the death record I'm not sure that it is a mystery solved.

This Henry Young died on December 20th, 1862, unusually the register does not include his age or his occupation, which I'm sure it would have done if he had family in the island. Also he died in prison!

I think I'll have another look through the indexes next time I'm at the Archive in case there's another one.

Thank you for taking the time to look this up, it sounds like the mystery might have got more interesting :o if that is him in Prison that just makes me wonder what he did to get there?
Abbott,Wright,Cox,Green,Ross,Young,Brooks,Wolf,Sansom,Nash,Basinger,Wallace,Driver,Munday,Waite Watson.