Author Topic: REID/GRANT INVERAVEN?  (Read 4345 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: REID/GRANT INVERAVEN?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Apologises James Reid born 1830 in Belleheglash OPR and it states on marriage records for his father & mother that James 1799 came from Belleheglash too.    John & Margaret I can't find records for.

What exactly is the source of this information, what is the date of it, and what is the exact wording of it? I really do want to try and help but if I don't have all the relevant details it makes it very difficult to do so.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline retiringmidgie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: REID/GRANT INVERAVEN?
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 22:30 GMT (UK) »
I have marriage records from Scotlandspeople which says James b1830 gives his birthplace as Belleheglas Inveraven & registered Inveraven.  I have a Census record of
1851 with James his father born 1799 in lodgings at Brackley Cottage Glenmuick which states he was a mason from Banffshire, Inveraven.  A marriage record also from SP date 8/8/1829 which states James coming from Belleheglash.
Thank you for supplying the information for the maps of Bellehaiglash.  A place to visit I think.
Hope this information will help and thank you again.