Author Topic: Kellys 1940's London area  (Read 475 times)

Offline ems1973uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Kellys 1940's London area
« on: Monday 04 July 05 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi there

I am trying to locate residents of Essex Road in Manor Park between 1943-1953.  Can anyone tell me if there is a Kelly available for this time.  It was No.99. 
I believe the occupants were Jose Bilbao and Ethel Louise Bilbao.  However, I believe they also had lodgers.
Also, the residents of 6 Dunbar Road, Forest Gate between 1935-45.  Again I believe the residents were Bilbao.

I am not sure where else to look, I thought about trying the local newspapers there, to see if anyone locally may remember the residents, but it seems a long shot this many years later.

Can anyone help, or give me an idea of where else it may be worth looking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Emma
Woodford - Beaulieu, Boldre, Lymington, Holdenhurst, Bournemouth, Norley Wood.  King - Christchurch.  Wright - Bournemouth.  Leat - Ringwood, Beaulieu.  Hillier - Beaulieu. Rawlings - Beaulieu.  Harris - Beaulieu.   Bessant - Bournemouth.  Bartlett - Bournemouth.  Adams - Hertfordshire, London.  Johnston - London, Ireland. 
Linggood - Essex and Kent.  Lowe - Lancashire, Kent, Essex.  Sampson and Merrifield - Dorset and Hampshire.  Another area includes Basted, Kent.

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kellys 1940's London area
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 July 05 06:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Emma

You could try Newham Archives & Local Studies Library for Electoral Registers/Street Directories.  The latter will list head of household only and be warned that hardly anything was printed during WW2 but you might be lucky with 1939 then 1945 and later.

There is also a local history bulletin board that is read by a lot of present and past inhabitants of the area which may be useful.

http://www.newham.gov.uk/content/category.jsp?categoryID=435

Best wishes

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ems1973uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kellys 1940's London area
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 July 05 21:13 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for that I really appreciate the help.
I have been hoping to go to London for a while, but with the current problems there I think holding off is the best idea unfortunately. 
Think I may save it for Christmas time, then hubby can take me to the West End too lol ....

Ems
Woodford - Beaulieu, Boldre, Lymington, Holdenhurst, Bournemouth, Norley Wood.  King - Christchurch.  Wright - Bournemouth.  Leat - Ringwood, Beaulieu.  Hillier - Beaulieu. Rawlings - Beaulieu.  Harris - Beaulieu.   Bessant - Bournemouth.  Bartlett - Bournemouth.  Adams - Hertfordshire, London.  Johnston - London, Ireland. 
Linggood - Essex and Kent.  Lowe - Lancashire, Kent, Essex.  Sampson and Merrifield - Dorset and Hampshire.  Another area includes Basted, Kent.