Author Topic: Hannah Smith/Miller/Turner of Colchester  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hannah Smith/Miller/Turner of Colchester
« on: Monday 19 July 04 03:12 BST (UK) »
family stories say her maiden name was Miller by one person's recollection, Turner by another person's recollection. her marriage record states her maiden name is Smith.
her tombstone says she was born 12 Dec 1785. she was married 12 Oct 1806 in Colchester to Joseph Cross. I do not know which church she was married in-someone looked her up, and sent me the copy, but did not say where her marriage was and would not answer my query as to which church it was. it isn't in the IGI so I presume it wasn't an Anglican marriage. I'd like to think it was Methodist as that is where her children were baptised, but as far as I can tell all the records for the Methodist church of Colchester have been sent to the IGI, and they don't have her marriage there. certainly all of the baptisms have been sent to the IGI.
which church was she married in? where and when was she baptised? who were her parents?
thanks for any help finding these things out.
Hannah and Joseph are my 3x great grandparents.
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt