Author Topic: Eileen Myra Dent - Death from Falling off train in Sydney Approx 1948  (Read 9749 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eileen Myra Dent - Death from Falling off train in Sydney Approx 1948
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 11 January 15 04:52 GMT (UK) »
Regarding my  post #15

I no longer believe the death ( now struck through) is the correct Edna Edith BARR.
There were two of the same married name and this one is not the sister of Sydney FATHERS.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 11 January 15 05:45 GMT (UK) »
EDIT
20436/1977 BARR Edith Edna
Died at KOGARAH 079  {I'm not sure what that number means :-\}
EDIT Incorrect. See Post#18

Sue, the 3 digit numbers that appear on the NSW BDM in the parents column is their age = 79yo at death.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 11 January 15 06:42 GMT (UK) »
  Sue, the 3 digit numbers that appear on the NSW BDM in the parents column is their age = 79yo at death.

Oh... How modern. And the format allows for a third digit for those whose age at death require it. ;)

Thanks  :D

Sue

Offline Kisschick64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 January 15 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Did I say before that you people are awesome??? Lol.....I have a question tho....so am I presuming right that sydneys father didn't stay on the scene, that at some point he left or she left him and then she shacked up with the dawson guy - around 1930 ish - and took his name? Only marrying him after Fathers died in 1956. ??

Offline Kisschick64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 29 January 15 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Just a quick update....I applied to SA BDM and got nothing....searched NSW BDM and got nothing...Even searched WA BDM and got nothing.....No marriage. Is it possible they didn't marry? She just took his name? Did they ask for proof back then of their real name at death or just get the info from Family. Any ideas on how to search further greatly appreciated.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 30 January 15 00:00 GMT (UK) »
Just a quick update....I applied to SA BDM and got nothing....searched NSW BDM and got nothing...Even searched WA BDM and got nothing.....No marriage. Is it possible they didn't marry? She just took his name? Did they ask for proof back then of their real name at death or just get the info from Family. Any ideas on how to search further greatly appreciated.

Are you saying you are unable to find a marriage for Eileen and Sydney H. FATHERS?

A marriage has not been found for the couple to date.
Sydney first married about 1942 and was divorced in 1946 ( per the information already given in this thread)

Information for death registration is taken from a range of possible informants and because of this, is very often incorrect.  The informants are not always family. Verification of marriage would not be called for.

You have been advised in Reply#4 about the purchase of the death certificate transcription for Eileen and there is some advice there also about what it may contain- depending, as I have said, on the knowledge of the person informing for it.

Any ideas on how to search further greatly appreciated.

The certificate ;D

Sue

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 30 January 15 00:19 GMT (UK) »
Did they ask for proof back then of their real name at death or just get the info from Family. Any ideas on how to search further greatly appreciated.

I have been the "informant" for a number of NSW deaths, and I assure you that the funeral director prepares the paperwork and submits the paperwork to the NSW BDM.   As informant I am asked questions by the funeral director, and I sign that the information I provide is correct to the best of my knowledge.    As I have elderly living rellies including one who is a retired NSW BDM senior officer, may I assure you that this system (funeral director collects the info, lodges the paperwork) has operated well since WWI.    There was and is no requirement imposed by NSW BDM for any 'proof' to be submitted.     "Real Names" ..... well that's another issue.     The name the person was known by is the name recorded by the funeral director.   After all, it had become their 'real' name.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Kisschick64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 30 January 15 02:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys,
Thanks again for replies.
Yes, I cannot find verification of their marriage anywhere. I know he was married before and they divorced in SA, he committed adultery with Eileen. Then they moved to NSW where both of their families were and she was suddenly Eileen Fathers, so it was presumed she married him in SA.
I have requested a copy of her death cert from NSW BDM so will see what that turns up.
I am beginning to think - and especially after reading MAJM comment - that maybe she just took his name. I am checking the change of name by deed poll also. Maybe they got the idea from his mother, as she lived under another name for years but was still legally married to another man.
Its very interesting. Will see what the death cert turns up...Thanks Guys

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 30 January 15 03:52 GMT (UK) »
Regarding your certificate- A transcription through an agent would be cheaper. The information is identical.

There are a few agents.  All reliable and prompt 

Sue