Author Topic: Samuel Clarke burial 1815.  (Read 2395 times)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Samuel Clarke burial 1815.
« on: Saturday 10 January 15 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Samuel Clarke and his wife Mary were Victuallers in Birmingham, first at the Crown (St) John St. 1807/08, then Turks Head, Bath St. 1810 – 1814; Mary was named as Victualler in 1815.

Samuel died on 10 January 1815, according to his will, which I have just obtained, however I cannot find a death or burial record, the latter might give his age, this would help me to confirm that I have the right Samuel Clarke.

Can anyone help, I have checked all the available records which are on-line.

Regards

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Clarke burial 1815.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 January 15 22:23 GMT (UK) »
The only Samuel Clarke I can find in the NBI with a suitable date is the one buried on 15th January 1815 at Tamworth St John the Baptist - which seems a bit unlikely, even if Tamworth is fairly close to Brum.
Sorry
Derby Girl
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Winson (Dby), Stanley(Sts), Harrison(Dby to Rutland), Barker/Barber((Sts), Baston (Oxon), Wiltshire(Middx), Franklin (Herts/Beds)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Clarke burial 1815.
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply. I think you may be right. When I received the will for Samuel Clark it mentioned his property in Alrewas.  I discovered his family in Alrewas, Samuel was baptised 2 Feb 1779, died 10 January 1815 Birmingham.

Samuel Clarke, as signed, of the parish of Alrewas, married Mary Walthew 2 Dec 1806 Tamworth, St Editha. This ties in with the Victualler records.

However not the one I wanted.

I think my line from Samuel Clark, (Born 1740) bachelor button maker married Mary Townsend
25 Mar 1761 St Philip, Birmingham. I thought he may have been the one who died in 1815.

They had a son Samuel born 1765, he died 1824. The problem I have is that I think he married Sarah Collitt in 1781, which means he would only be 16 when married, whilst it was legal at that time it leaves a bit of a doubt until I can find a bit more evidence.

If I am correct they had a son Thomas born 1785. My line has currently stalled at him. I know that a Thomas was the father of Joseph born Barr St 1815. From that point to the present is very clear.

I think Thomas married Ann Reynolds in 1810 St Mary Handsworth. The witnesses were William and Ann Cresswell, I think this was the uncle & cousin of Thomas. His Aunt Susannah Clarke was the daughter of Samuel & Mary.

So if any of this is familiar to anyone perhaps they could contact me.

Regards

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.