Author Topic: Agapios and Marina Papaioannou - Cyprus -  (Read 459 times)

Offline SydneyAuss

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Agapios and Marina Papaioannou - Cyprus -
« on: Sunday 11 January 15 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Would like to get a restore of a photo of my grandfather's cousin and his wife (the photo is dated circa 1939). Please no blurry, smudgy effects. Sharpening of image would be nice. Colour is fine as is, possible colour version if possible too.

For the passport image, would appreciate if anyone could get rid of that shadow in the back of the photo largely on the right hand side (and no, the gentleman does not have a pony tail hahahaha).

Any assistance is greatly appreciated  :) :) :)

Kind Regards,

Anthony

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Agapios and Marina Papaioannou - Cyprus -
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 January 15 13:31 GMT (UK) »
You say you don't want any blurry smudgy effects but the passport photo is badly pixelated and we will struggle to get a clear image without using any form of smoothing....It is also a low resolution at 200dpi for a passport photo...it needs to be at least 600dpi.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline SydneyAuss

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 January 15 13:33 GMT (UK) »
I'm happy for the passport photo to stay as it is, but if somehow that triangle shadow can be colour matched with the rest of the background, that would be fantastic. I know it is very poor quality.

Thanks Carol,

Anthony

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 January 15 13:36 GMT (UK) »
This is what we see.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline SydneyAuss

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 January 15 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I know the quality wont be very good - but that is the only scanned copy that was ever made, before all those photos were lost in Egypt.