Author Topic: HELP PLEASE - Child of Grace and Albert Christensen in Queensland  (Read 3570 times)

Offline abun

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HELP PLEASE - Child of Grace and Albert Christensen in Queensland
« on: Friday 16 January 15 15:09 GMT (UK) »
I live in the UK and am looking for the son of Grace Elizabeth Barlow who married Albert Bendix Christensen on 14 April 1915 in MacKay, Queensland.

I believe they had a son, but I have been unable to find out any details.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE - Child of Grace and Albert Christensen in Queensland
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 January 15 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, you are right on the border of the 100 year rule in Australia unlike England details are not available for people who are born after 1915. However as it is unlikely the son may still be living details may be sought.

There is a death of a male Christensen with parents Grace and Albert in 1922 but middle names and the mother's maiden name are different. This person (no age shown) died 1922. No deaths other than that available on the Qld index extent 1985.
https://www.bdm.qld.gov.au/IndexSearch/querySubmit.m?ReportName=MarriageSearch

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 January 15 23:52 GMT (UK) »
If you have a look at the QLD BMD site you can see these deaths:

1972   C2692   
Grace Elizabeth CHRISTENSEN, parents: Walter Alfred BARLOW, Elizabeth Sarah BUTWELL   
1970   C4936   
Albert Bendix    CHRISTENSEN, parents: Ingvert William CHRISTENSEN, Maren JOHANSEN

The letter "C" denotes a registration in a country area.

Australian death certificates are much more informative than those of England/Wales so, from either of these certificates you should be able to find the names of their children.

You can order an image of the certificate for $AU20 and you can download it immediately.
https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-deaths-marriages-and-divorces/family-history-research/

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 January 15 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Electoral rolls show Albert (occ, fisherman) and Grace at Louisa Creek, via Alligator Creek, Queensland from 1949-1968.  No other person of that surname at that address.

You can find Louisa Creek on Googlemap.

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 January 15 01:01 GMT (UK) »

An interesting passage about Mrs A B Christensen (Grace Elizabeth I think) in 1934 in case you had not seen it.  She was a nurse and highly esteemed in the district of Kungurri where she lived.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/61867809

Not much help you original query though.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 17 January 15 01:10 GMT (UK) »
I know it is only the son you are looking for, but if either Grace or Albert left wills, their death certificates will be included with the wills. I can visit the Queensland State Archives to view the wills/certificates if you wish?

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 17 January 15 02:57 GMT (UK) »
Some trivia from TROVE (digitised newspapers)

Grace was granted probate for the will of Thomas Henry McDonald, late of Kungurri, near Mackay, farmer
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/62535329

Again - no help!  Judith

Offline mollipops1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 17 January 15 08:16 GMT (UK) »
Here is are a couple of possible sons from NAA RecordSearch - http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/

CHRISTENSEN ROBERT MCEEAT : Service Number - Q111266 : Date of birth - 23 Sep 1917 : Place of birth - CAIRNS QLD : Place of enlistment - TOWNSVILLE QLD : Next of Kin - CHRISTENSEN ALBERT

CHRISTENSEN IVAN ERROL : Service Number - QX24921 : Date of birth - 15 Nov 1922 : Place of birth - MARYBOROUGH QLD : Place of enlistment - MARYBOROUGH QLD : Next of Kin - CHRISTENSEN ALBERT

Robert's death, from Ryerson Index http://ryersonindex.net/search.php:
CHRISTENSEN Robert McFeat
Death notice
26JUN2011 Death [aged] 93
Cairns Post 02JUL2011

and Ivan Errol's:
CHRISTENSEN Ivan Errol
Death notice
08SEP1996 Death [aged] 73 at Maryborough, late of Point Vernon
Fraser Coast Chronicle (Hervey Bay) 09SEP1996

Albert served in WWII some capacity too
CHRISTENSEN ALBERT BENDIX : Service Number - Q220374 : Date of birth - 20 Oct 1892 : Place of birth - HOMEBUSH QLD : Place of enlistment - MT MOLLOY QLD : Next of Kin - CHRISTENSEN GRACE

PS Qld BDM online shows the 1922 death of a son of Albert & Grace was a from a different couple (Albert Jas & Grace Alice).

PPS There is definitely a connection between the CHRISTENSEN & McFEAT families but I am not sure if it is linked to your Albert? I suspect Robert McFeat CHRISTENSEN was actually the son of Albert CHRISTENSEN (a different one) & Helen McClay McFEAT. :-(

PPPS Sorry just discounted Ivan too! http://www.queenslandfamilytrees.com/getperson.php?personID=I6450&tree=1

Offline abun

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 17 January 15 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to everybody who replied.

Looks like I was mistaken about children.  Having obtained the death certificate for Grace there ar no issue, living or dead shown,

Thanks again

Martin