Author Topic: Eliza Ann Logan, Kilculmagrandel, Fore glen, L Derry.  (Read 3046 times)

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eliza Ann Logan, Kilculmagrandel, Fore glen, L Derry.
« on: Monday 19 January 15 08:04 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the birth and or death record of Eliza Ann Logan nee Reilly,  its recorded on the 1901 and 1911 census as  born 1843 in County Londonderry. She lived at  Kilculmagrandel, Fore Glen, L derry. (with her family).  She married 3 Dec 1874 marriage record, records her as living at Ballinaghedin Co Derry and her father's name is James Reilly.     Her husband Andrew Logan and three children signed the Ulster Covenant against Home Rule in 1912, but she didn't so I have made the assumption she died  between 1911 and 1921 when her husband, Andrew died.  On his death cert he was a widow.  I have checked records for Feeny, Claudy and Newtown Limavady.  Any information on how to find the records would be appreciated.  Angela 
Stewart, Reilly, Montgomery, Cheshire, Lyttle, Rankin, Apthorpe, Hart, Anderson,  Gourley

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Ann Logan, Kilculmagrandel, Fore glen, L Derry.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 January 15 09:13 GMT (UK) »
It helps if you post links to the information you've already found so that we can see the same details before starting to search for other information, so here are the census links-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Foreglen/Kilculmagrandel/1525075
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Fore_Glen/Kilculmagrandal/596180

Since Eliza Ann was born before the start of birth registration you would need to search for church records of a baptism. However, not all church records survive- many early Church of Ireland registers were destoyed in Dublin in 1920s, registers may have gaps, etc.

"Logan Andrew of Kinculmagraudle county Londonderry farmer died 14 October 1921 Probate Londonderry 5 May to William James Gibson and William Whiteside farmers. Effects £54."

Closest death I can find for Eliza Ann in GRONI's database is this one but it's after Andrew's death  :-\
Death: Elizabeth Logan, age 74, 2 Jan.1924, Limavady district

There is one for an Elizabeth Jane Logan 1912 Limavady district but I can't see it in GRONI-
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FRJ5-T61
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There is a birth record for an Eliza Reilly, father James Reilly 1839, Learmount, Church of Ireland. a couple of years out compared to census records but that is not unusual. Learmount church is about 3.5 miles from Kilculmagrandal and approx 4 miles from Ballymaclanigan (as the crow flies)

Regards
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 March 15 07:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all the information I will follow it up.  Angela
Stewart, Reilly, Montgomery, Cheshire, Lyttle, Rankin, Apthorpe, Hart, Anderson,  Gourley