Author Topic: Esless Hall - Rhostyllen, Wrexham??  (Read 4731 times)

astley

Esless Hall - Rhostyllen, Wrexham??
« on: Monday 04 July 05 16:09 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any information regarding Esless Hall?  Is it still around today?  Does anyone know anything about it's history?

Any information would be great!

Thanks

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
Re: Esless Hall - Rhostyllen, Wrexham??
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 July 05 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Rhostyllen is a village which lies approximately a mile or so South West of the town of Wrexham.

Unfortunately Esless Hall no longer exists and the area where I believe it to have been is now covered by an extensive housing estate,called---Esless Park.

I have done a Google search on Esless Hall but to no avail.However,Wrexham does have its own local history museum and they may be able to assist you.

You may also find something at the Denbighshire County Archives Office.www.denbighshire.gov.uk

Phone number,I believe, is 01978317973 and the e mail is archives@wrexham.gov.uk  -----these are the Wrexham museum contact details

Best of luck. :) :) :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 December 05 20:02 GMT (UK) »
I know it is some time since you made this request but I have found an entry for Estless Hall in the Wrexham Encyclopaedia.  The correct name is Esclus Hall.  If you want more info, please let me know.
Mike
Davies, Bywater, Murray, Gaunt, Benton, Jones, Richardson

Offline proth

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 August 06 12:44 BST (UK) »
I can confirm without any doubt that Esless Hall is still going strong. Fortunately it is a listed building so even the relentless march of new housing estates cannot remove it.

The house was build around 1585. There is some evidence that Charles I and his son Charles II stopped briefly to visit the Royalist and then owner Sir Richard Lloyd.