Author Topic: Elizabeth Brennan  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Eddie C

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Brennan
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 01 August 23 16:31 BST (UK) »
Hi all.
I am the greatgrandnephew of John Brennan and the 1st cousin twice removed of his daughter Elizabeth Brennan. I was unaware of her being a well known author until I stumbled on this thread while researching her father John.
 Don't know if it will help but I know a bit about John Brennan. He was from New Ross. He was a career soldier in the British army. His daughters were born in "garrison" towns which is why Elizabeth was born in Clonmel, Tipperary. The Killester garden village was a housing development for WW1 veterans paid for by the UK government. John became a military accountant in 1920. When the Irish regiments in the British army were disbanded in 1922/3 John was granted a house in Killester and was employed as a civil servant managing the veterans army pensions etc.

Offline Moya Henderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 06 August 23 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Eddie, I think there may be another author Elizabeth Brennan. the Elizabeth Brennen in my family was born Doran and died 1993 in Co Louth.  She married my 1st cousin twice removed Patrick J Brennan from Ballyharmon, Co Laois.  I can give you more information about her and her books including paper cuttings etc.   Moya

Offline Eddie C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 September 23 12:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Moya
Different Elizabeth Brennan to mine. I'm now in contact with her nephew. She died in 1995 and lived in Dublin. Brennan was her maiden name she never married. Thanks for replying.