Author Topic: James Kidd  (Read 13219 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: James Kidd
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 27 January 15 01:13 GMT (UK) »
Mary Ann Dillon  nee Kidd had a  son Joseph he has 'gone' too.

What info was on Joseph's birth cert ?

;D  So do you have a copy of Mary A DILLON's 1897 death cert?   If so, what is the information provided on that registration.

Cheers,  JM
No information on it.

So how do you know that 1897 is YOUR lass ? and that that lass is daughter of James KIDD from Sydney Botanic Gardens ....

Do you have a full transcription or just a partial transcription of that 1897 dc?

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 27 January 15 01:28 GMT (UK) »
Likely this is Joseph's birth cert, with surname mismashed

NSW BDM has the following re Joseph’s birth in 1863

DENNAN Joseph, son of James and Mary A,  registered Mudgee  #10394

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 27 January 15 01:31 GMT (UK) »
This could be older sister for Joseph

DILLON, Mary, dau of James and Mary A, registered Mudgee District in 1861   #9979

Either of those birth certs should give you when and where Mary married James DILLON.  So from that marriage info, it should be possible to back track to determine when Mary married the first time.   :) 

Cheers,  JM

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 27 January 15 01:42 GMT (UK) »
Marriage:

James DEMAN m. Mary KIDD 1853
Ref Number: V1853619 81   
Parish: Sydney, Scots Church (Pitt Street), Presbyterian

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 27 January 15 01:44 GMT (UK) »
Baptism of a son of Edward MELVIN and Mary Anne KIDD in 1852....

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTDN-CB5

Debra  :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 27 January 15 01:53 GMT (UK) »
Marriage:

James DEMAN m. Mary KIDD 1853
Ref Number: V1853619 81   
Parish: Sydney, Scots Church (Pitt Street), Presbyterian

Looks like that's a Christmas 1853 marriage as per drilling down at NSW BDM online  ;D

It would be interesting to learn the recorded status of Mary KIDD .... widow or spinster  ;D 

Cheers,  JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 27 January 15 02:37 GMT (UK) »
I also notice that there's an 1854 marriage for a Mary A KIDD to a John HERITAGE.  Vol 81,  Line 1044, recorded as Presbyterian, up in the Manning River district.   ;D

So it seems there were several lasses by the name of Mary KIDD in NSW in the 1850s  :D  :D  :D 

Cheers,  JM

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 27 January 15 02:58 GMT (UK) »
I also notice that there's an 1854 marriage for a Mary A KIDD to a John HERITAGE.  Vol 81,  Line 1044, recorded as Presbyterian, up in the Manning River district.  ;D

Lots of documented information online for the KIDD family Pioneers in the Manning River district ;)

Death:
HERITAGE Mary d. 1859 WINGHAM #5520
Parents: Alexander & Janet   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 27 January 15 03:41 GMT (UK) »
 :)  :)

So we have a lass, born Dundee Scotland in 1829, arriving at aged 4 years 6 months in NSW with her 2 brothers and her mum in Nov 1833, to meet up with their husband/father.  Mum dies shortly after arrival, so dad places his daughter into care, and remarries in Sydney a couple of years later.

And we are trying to validate our OP’s belief that the lass who was placed in the orphanage was twice married, both times in NSW,  firstly to (Edward) MELVIN, who died shortly after birth of their first child (likely baptised in March 1852 as James) and the second time in 1853 to James DILLON and that she died Feb 1897 as Mary Ann DILLON and buried Presbyterian section Mudgee cemetery, but there’s NO information on that NSW BDM death registration, so there's no information on that dc that ties the lass back to James KIDD of the Sydney Botanic Gardens.   

So  we have a lass born 1829, arrived 1833, second marriage 1853,  so from that second marriage which is indexed at NSW BDM as Mary KIDD,  (and not under her first husband’s surname) what is recorded on the parish register

:) Was she recorded as a Widow or as a Spinster, if as a widow, then the record should show marriage by licence.

:) Was Mary’s age recorded

:) Was Mary’s father’s name/occupation recorded

:) Which clergyman conducted that 1853 marriage ceremony? 

Any of those details could well be of help to find Mary’s first marriage, assuming it was in NSW.   And, if Mary's first marriage was BEFORE she turned 21, then we could well find her father being named as giving consent for her first marriage....

Cheers,  JM