Author Topic: James Henry CLAPHAM  (Read 1471 times)

Offline buxton123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Henry CLAPHAM
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 08:57 GMT (UK) »
James Henry was born 18 Sep 1871 in St Luke, London, England. He did indeed marry Elizabeth Sayer and have three children - James, Henry & Ellen. In 1905 he was living at 49 Pollard Row, Bethnal Green, in two rooms of a house also occupied by his father-in-law, Thomas Sayer, but the latter died two years later. Around that time the couple separated and he 'disappeared' from the records until his death in 1918.  Elizabeth went to live with another man. Their first child was born 1908; she is listed in the 1911 Census (under his name), but the children from her first marriage are not listed. 

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 15:46 GMT (UK) »
You appear to have found Elizabeth on the 1911 census but minus her Clapham children.

Have you tried looking under Sayer in case they are with any of her family?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline buxton123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 January 15 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. That's my next line of enquiry.

Offline Monk74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 February 24 23:41 GMT (UK) »
My Grandfather was called Henry Robert Clapham who married Edith Cole and had 3 children Ronald, Patricia and Joyce. My mums Grandfather was called James Henry Clapham eldest son born of Robert and Ann Clapham. Robert was a Vellum Binder. In 1891 he had 5 living siblings, although the 1911 Census records that 8 children had been born to his parents and that 3 had died.