Author Topic: Elizabeth Ann Fellows and John Lovelace  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Matahari

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Ann Fellows and John Lovelace
« on: Saturday 31 January 15 01:47 GMT (UK) »

Hi, I wondered if anyone could help me, Elizabeth Ann Fellows, was born, in New Brunswick, Canada, in 1815, she married John Lovelace, who was born in America in 1811. They raised a large family in Canada. Elizabeth's parents, were American born, as far as I know, but they moved to Canada, they were loyalists, and I wondered if anyone out there is connected with this family, and could give me the names of Elizabeth's parents.

Thank you

Matahari
[/b][/i]
[/color][/font][/size]

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Ann Fellows and John Lovelace
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 January 15 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Just for background - how did you get the information about her parents being loyalists without knowing their names?

Offline Mysticqueen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 January 15 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I got the information, from my husband's cousin, who lives in New Brunswick, Canada, they are his ancestors, but he hasnt had much success in locating their names, so I said I would have a dig around for him and see what I came up with.

Offline cerchier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 February 16 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
  I know a little about the Lovelace family in Nova Scotia and offshoots in New Brunswick.  They may be related through a Thomas Loveless of Rhode Island.  He had sons that moved to New York and one to Nova Scotia.  There is a book called A Tory Spy, I think that's the title.  It is written by a fellow whose family name is Lovelace.
  I checked the UEL site and found two individuals with the name Lovelass, an Archibald and William.  Could be related, they settled in Grand River; Eastern District.  This is probably in Ontario, not sure. Check www.uelac.org.  There is also the Harriet Irving Library at University of New Brunswick in Fredricton, loyalist.lib.unb.ca/.
  Hope this helps.  All the best in your search.

Cheers
Chip