Author Topic: Margaret Davies lol  (Read 8625 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Davies lol
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 04 February 15 14:24 GMT (UK) »
I've been trying to go through Val's various threads but there are a lot of them - maybe something in them that you might be able to pick up on.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 04 February 15 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Yes,I've looked at a few.I seem to have a memory from looking at this quite a while ago that there was a possibility ff two children involved,but it might have been a different query altogether!

Regards
Roger

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 04 February 15 15:20 GMT (UK) »
I'm here I'm here lol, firstly thank you for bothering to look because I know I have been the proverbial pain in the bottom re Margaret, but you are all so helpful and I can't manage without coming on here I have Ansestry but apart from census I can't seem to do what you all do, magic stuff I can't find..
Roger I have been searching so long I don't know who I have looked it and who I havent, when I started 15 years ago I knew nothing but what Dr Barnardo's told me about my Mother.
By help here and my begging letters to who ever would read them I stumbled on my mothers family and slowly the info came in but it's only the last two years I have really been documenting it all.
So I found a second cousin who was in Australia his mother (Hannah ) was Margaret's sister and in a letter to me from him March 1987, he was explaining to me that he was sure nobody knew about my mother and in the next paragraph he said"Maggie my mothers eldest sister, married and went to Pattagonia in South America I belive she had two sons, of course I never asked her married name how stupid of me..
So it could be she had a boy and a girl who knows, this is all I know about Margaret Davies apart from her BC high is in my possession.
Roger the marraige and the passenger list sounds good very good.
Thank you all for your time
Val