Author Topic: Whitfield  (Read 1444 times)

Offline cass

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Whitfield
« on: Tuesday 05 July 05 10:22 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking for information on the Whitfield family in Kidderminster. There were 6 brothers originally from Workington Cumberland. 3 moved to Kidderminster in the early 1900's. They were George and Samuel, who married 2 sisters, and later in the 1920's Ousby. George and Ousby were in the Border Regiment. Can anyone help? Cass
Cumbria - Whitfield, Fagan, Murphy, Sloan, Weighman, Ousby, Brunskill
Hampshire - Alford
Ireland - County Down - Fagan, Murphy
Kidderminster - Whitfield

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Whitfield
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 August 05 20:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Cass

Can you give us any more information?  like George & Samuels DOB or anything at all from census information you have?

Cheers
Jan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline georgewhitfield

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 02:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I suspect we have emailed one another before regarding the Whitfields.
George was my grandfather from Kidderminster, and I spoke to you once whilst I was in the UK. My grandfather was a good soccer player, and believe members of your side of the family were too!!
You lived at one stage in the same country as I live in, which is getting hot at the moment
I have undertaken further research, and 2 of the brothers served together at gallipoli, landing on ANZAC morning.
Regards and look forward to re establishing contact and hope you family are all keeping well

Offline cass

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi, yes it's me. Great to hear from you. Will send you a personal message with my e-mail address. Cass
Cumbria - Whitfield, Fagan, Murphy, Sloan, Weighman, Ousby, Brunskill
Hampshire - Alford
Ireland - County Down - Fagan, Murphy
Kidderminster - Whitfield