Author Topic: Dutch descendants  (Read 3651 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch descendants
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 February 15 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Apologies KG, posted at the same time  :)

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 February 15 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Doh!!! I should have guessed that! If they take the "dumb" out of "blonde" I'd be in serious trouble....

Offline lbzh12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 February 15 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Yes Iosef would have been Jewish, and may have gone by the name Josef.

I am pretty sure of the date range I gave for Moritz as when each of his kids were born, an age was recorded for each of the parents. The ages varied somewhat form birth to birth but the age range was estimated based on the variance. So I am pretty sure he was born between 1854 and 1857 based on those recorded ages.

If I wanted to find that needle would I need to go into each town in the Netherlands and search each of those towns records?

Thanks.....

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 01 March 15 00:51 GMT (UK) »
Not necessarily every town but definitely every province. I've already done a couple of them but unfortunately some sites are still being worked on and are not completed. Will see how it goes anyhow. Got nothing better to do.

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 01 March 15 12:57 GMT (UK) »
I agree that we are looking for a birth somewhere between 1850 and 1860. At this point in time we can rule out the province of Drenthe. In the province of Overijssel we can  rule out Almelo, Avereest, Bathmen, Deventer (and it's surrounding districts) Blankenham/Steenwijker, Blokzijl and Borne. Needless to say that there are many, many more towns still to go so you're going to be kept busy. lol.
Province of Gelderland. According to a few different websites you can rule out Angerlo, Beltrum, Bergh, Borculo, Bredervoort, Didam, Dinxperlo, Doesburg, Doetinchem Ambt and Stad, Duiven, Aalst, Alem, Ammerzoden, Bern, Brakel, Bruchem, Delwijnen, Gameren, Hedel, Heerewaarden , Hoenzadriel, Hurwenen, Kerkdriel, Loevestein, Maasdriel, Nederhemert, Nieuivaal, Poederijen, Rossum, Velddriel, Well, Zaltbommel, Zuilichem.
As it's almost 11 pm here, am going to call it a night. Will continue on......

Offline lbzh12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 01 March 15 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for your efforts. I really appreciate it.