Author Topic: electoral rolls 1930's portsmouth  (Read 1504 times)

Offline orkrad

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
electoral rolls 1930's portsmouth
« on: Monday 02 March 15 23:17 GMT (UK) »
 Hi there

I am looking for information on a Duncan MCINTYRE, reputedly a chief engineer with the Cunard line . I am told by family members that they visited Duncan in the 1930's in Portsmouth but no one remembers where.  Do electoral rolls exist for the period 1930-39 ( I know they were discontinued during WW2) for the Portsmouth area.?

Greetings from NZ----- Orkrad.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: electoral rolls 1930's portsmouth
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi

In case anything else comes up, what else do you know about him?
Birth? Family members? etc.?

Reciprocal greetings from 'Ertfordshire.
Wet,  again.

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline orkrad

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: electoral rolls 1930's portsmouth
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Kia ora  ( good day to you)Ray

This one is a blank slate I'm afraid. I am told my father (who was a steward on the Aquitania in the 1930's ) used to sail from Southampton to the US. He often visited Duncan MCINTYRE  ( who may have been married to my father's  cousin) in Portsmouth. The MCINTYRE's lived in a 14 roomed house somewhere near Fratton Park. My father  went to visit when he was in the Army during WW2  and the house had been  destroyed  in the Blitz.  I dont know if the family were casualties as I cant find them on any war  casualty lists. The only other information I have was that two daughters of the family were schoolteachers.

As you can see it is all rather sketchy recollections from people who are now  gone.

I was just hoping that  i could find out where the family lived as a start to another twig on the family tree.   

Regards Orkrad.

Moderator comment: linked thread

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=834229.0