Author Topic: Bridgwater,Somerset,TURNERS  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Mella

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Bridgwater,Somerset,TURNERS
« on: Tuesday 05 July 05 22:06 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any family members of Olive Howe Turner.She was born around 1897,her father was Henry Howe,don't about her mother.Her grandmother was ELIZABETH SCOTT HOWE they lived in Christchurch,Hampshire.I have found some info in the Census.But not a whole lot.Olive married a TURNER,they had an inn,called BOCKHAMPTON HOUSE,in Bridgwater,Somerset.I have a picture I could send of her and her daughter,Dorothy,she also had VERA,HOWARD,BETTY.I am thinking it might have been around the late 30's or 40's.It was located at 128 Bristol Road.Any information would be appreciated.

Offline Thedollydoctor

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgwater,Somerset,TURNERS
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 April 20 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hi there, my nana was Olive Turner married to Frank Turner from Bridgwater, Somerset, she died around 1970 just after I was born in ‘68, she had 13 children with Dorothy the oldest girl, Pam, Julia, Valerie, Frankie, Gordon, Brian, Terry, Robert, Roy, To name a few and there’s my father Michael dob 04/03/45, and my husband’s mother Kathleen, (yes hubby and I are cousins) I am not sure if this is the right Olive your looking for but they also lived on Bristol Road and the dates are right. My grandfather Frank owned a haulage company until Gordon died of an electric shock in the 60’s

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgwater,Somerset,TURNERS
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 April 20 02:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Thedollydoctor and welcome to RootsChat.

Mella hasn't been on here since March 2012, however hopefully they still have the same email address and will receive notification of your post. I'm sure they will be interested to make contact.