Author Topic: Baptisms 1770s, Cheam - Does anyone have access to them?  (Read 4757 times)

Offline bdmayes

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptisms 1770s, Cheam - Does anyone have access to them?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 March 15 11:20 GMT (UK) »
The only other Hussey in the Sutton registers is an Elizabeth Hussey, witness to a marriage in 1790.

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 March 15 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Many thanks indeed for your replies, very much appreciated.

Barryd, never considered the possibility of Ireland as a birth place, but now that you have mentioned it, I have seen quite a few Hussey's from Ireland on censuses. None of mine yet tho! ;D I'll shall however, keep it in mind.

Pjm99, many thanks for checking the Surrey CD, much appreciated. Unfortunately, that Bermondsey one definitely isn't him. Daniel was most certainly born about 1778, as he joined the army aged 18 in 1897 & left the army aged 36 in 1814. He died aged 60 in 1838. Also I believe his parents to be Daniel Hussey & Mary Rose who married in Mitcham in 1776. Daniel is a family name & was used in subsequent generations.

Bdmayes, many thanks for the info re the Surrey CD, also for checking the Sutton registers, much appreciated. I will make a note of the marriage witness name & keep it on file.

ShaunJ, many thanks for the Sutton burial. I will make a note of it & keep it on file.

Looks like a may have to look in the parishes around and about the Cheam area or a wider area if necessary.

My thanks again.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Just a little update to this thread regarding my 4x gt grandfather Daniel Hussey (1778-1838). He was a blacksmith by trade & as I alluded to at the start of this thread he served in the Army between 1797 & 1814)

I now have the marriage Licence & marriage record for Daniel Hussey & Mary Rose whom I believe to be his parents & my 5x gt grandparents.

The marriage licence dated 29th June 1776 shows that Daniel & Mary are both of Mitcham & that Daniel is a blacksmith by trade. There is also shown the name Richard Rose whom I believe to be Mary's father.

The marriage record dated 30th June 1776, shows the marriage taking place at St Peter & St Paul's Church, Mitcham. It further shows that Mary Rose was a minor but nothing shown for Daniel, therefore I assume that he was of full age.

Perhaps I need to check in Mitcham for a birth for Daniel (b1778)?

I am therefore pretty much 100% certain that Daniel Hussey & Mary Rose are Daniel's parents, due to the fact that he was named after his father & also has the same occupation. Just have to find the baptism now to prove it completely! ;D

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

This is most odd!

I decided to do a general search on familysearch to see if there were any other children baptised to Daniel & Mary Hussey (Nee Rose) & guess what? Nothing! Nada!

I do not know of any siblings for Daniel junior (b1778), but thought I would check to see if I could get any leads that way. What happened to Daniel & Mary between their marriage in 1776 & Daniel Jnr joining the army in 1797? Where did they go? I can find absolutely nothing on them!

This is really bugging me now! ;D Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

David