Author Topic: Joseph(Jose) and David Redman Indiana  (Read 14799 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph(Jose) and David Redman Indiana
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 22 March 15 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane

I agree with Sandra, it doesn't matter how many online trees show the same thing, it still doesn't mean that they are correct. They could all be copied from the one tree that is incorrect. The only way to be 100% sure is to get birth, marriage and death certificates.

That is interesting, Sandra, about so many records being destroyed, and certainly explains why it is hard to track people.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 22 March 15 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Just being repetitive, as it has been discussed loads on this site over the years but all information on ancestry tree's is not correct and the burden of proof is with the researcher.

Sandra

Yes Sandra, I realise that! You know why. I have researched info from trees further and found it incorrect. Jane had fingers burnt-ouch!!! I don't take anything at face value.  Learning all the time.

Jan, it is sad about the records. It does indeed explain a lot.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 22 March 15 16:32 GMT (UK) »

Quote - I am getting really into this American branch, it is a challenge. There are lots of trees on ancestry with info that fits some of my Rellies but no proof I can see.

I would have said there were a lot less tree's on the Redman's than when you first enquired back in 2013.  Can't say I've ever seen anything on the Redman girls though.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 22 March 15 17:10 GMT (UK) »

I would have said there were a lot less tree's on the Redman's than when you first enquired back in 2013.  Can't say I've ever seen anything on the Redman girls though.

Sandra

There are a few on Redman men and women. Maybe not as many now ;)

I looked on the family search link. First name looks possible for Mary. Do I have to be member or is it part of ancestry? 

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 22 March 15 17:25 GMT (UK) »
When I mentioned the Redman "girls" - I was referring to Mary 1808 Jesse 1811 Martha 1815 and Elisha 1816. Are you saying you have come across info on these 4  ???

FamilySearch is a genealogy organization operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Family search and Ancestry are separate. You can register for free at Family Search to create yourself a free account.  Very often they have a record but no transcription available.

You can read about Family Search on this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FamilySearch

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 22 March 15 17:37 GMT (UK) »
When I mentioned the Redman "Łgirls" - I was referring to Mary 1808 Jesse 1811 Martha 1815 and Elisha 1816. Are you saying you have come across info on these 4  ???

Sandra

Sorry Sandra I don't explain very well. No I meant the next generation ladies. I can be hard work at times can t I ;D As dad used to say "like pulling hens teeth".

I will register with family search.

Thanks for your patience. I appreciate you and Jan replying and staying with me.

Jane

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 22 March 15 17:43 GMT (UK) »
You don't even have to register to use FamilySearch. It is a great resource and often one that is the first port of call for a lot of people on here. I think it is better than it used to be as it shows records from Parish registers, but at one time it showed submitted records as well, so needed to be treated carefully. It links up with Find My Past and often to see the connected images you have to either have a subscription or by credits for that site.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 22 March 15 17:59 GMT (UK) »
You don't even have to register to use FamilySearch. It is a great resource and often one that is the first port of call for a lot of people on here. I think it is better than it used to be as it shows records from Parish registers, but at one time it showed submitted records as well, so needed to be treated carefully. It links up with Find My Past and often to see the connected images you have to either have a subscription or by credits for that site.

Don't mind buying credits , no more subs at moment. Will have a good look tomorrow. Think the Mary I saw could be one of my ladies, fingers crossed.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 22 March 15 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Well that is intriguing - do you want to share at all ?

Sandra