Author Topic: Millson/Bedding Marriage 1824  (Read 2156 times)

Offline MarksWife

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great Grandad
    • View Profile
Millson/Bedding Marriage 1824
« on: Saturday 14 March 15 19:12 GMT (UK) »
hi there,

My couple are both from Bucklebury, Berks, Joseph Millson b 1/12/1802 and Charlotte Bedding b 13/8/1809.

I am trying to find their marriage and find only 11/7/1824 in Southwark.  I know there could be any  number of reasons as to why they were born in Bucklebury, lived their lives and died in Bucklebury but married in Southwark, but it just seemed a little strange to me.  I looked at parents and they didnt have any children born in Southwark around that time to suggest that they moved away and returned again.  I just wondered if anyone knew of other ways to find a marriage please.

Thanks
Markswife
Millson & Johnson - Bradfield, Berks.  Vine & Butcher - Norfolk. Haines & Collier - Oxfordshire/Berkshire. Duffin & Wynn - Tilehurst, Berkshire

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Millson/Bedding Marriage 1824
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 March 15 23:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Not exactly common surnames and I doubt you would find the same combination on another entry.  The entry shows Charlotte as a minor and one of the witnesses was Hannah/Sarah/Susanah Bedding (not very clear).  Charlotte was only 14yrs old in July 1824.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N67X-TYM
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 March 15 01:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

This may not be what you want but in the Wilts Marriage Licence Bonds CD (ex Wlits FHS) there is an entry;
William Hilliard, Woolhampton, Berks and Charlotte Bedding, Bucklebury, Berks Bondsman; Edward Walter, Newbury Licence dated 4-6-1788

I thought this was too interesting as you referred to Bucklebury.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline MarksWife

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great Grandad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 March 15 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you CaroleW, I need to research further Charlotte's family to find the witness referred to, to see if she has someone of those names and thank you ribbo39, maybe that was a family member of Charlotte's, I havent  got very far with her ancestors as yet!
Millson & Johnson - Bradfield, Berks.  Vine & Butcher - Norfolk. Haines & Collier - Oxfordshire/Berkshire. Duffin & Wynn - Tilehurst, Berkshire