Author Topic: Looking for Mary and Jane Fitzpatrick  (Read 10735 times)

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Mary and Jane Fitzpatrick
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 12:06 GMT (UK) »
There's a Peter LOUGHRAN born 1866 (mother Mary) listed on the 1900 census for the 309 East 21st address.

Wow, just realised you'd found the address Maureen!    ;D   Just wanted to acknowledge that! We've gotten all excited in the interim, with James.  What a shame there was no Janey there!

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Yes did find that census in 1891 but was not sure you have just confirmed Ambly don't see him in later census forms do you ?

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 13:46 GMT (UK) »
There's a Peter LOUGHRAN born 1866 (mother Mary) listed on the 1900 census for the 309 East 21st address.

Wow, just realised you'd found the address Maureen!    ;D   Just wanted to acknowledge that! We've gotten all excited in the interim, with James.  What a shame there was no Janey there!

Cheers
AMBLY

;D ;D ;D
No problem,Ambly. Just glad that James has been sighted. :)

Maureen

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

In reference to:

Shearon Jim "Home Children Research Continues 'Home Children' Passenger List for the
year 1884" In Anglo Celtic Roots (British Family History Society of Greater Ottawa)
vol. 3:4 (Fall 1997), pp 12, 22-26, page 26.

This is the reference,

BIFHSGO (British Isles Family History Society of Greater Ottawa) publishes a quarterly
called Anglo Celtic Roots....James is mentioned in that quarterly Fall 1997 page 26,
SS Vancouver 1884 details: Catholic Emmigration Society to Ottawa.
http://www.bifhsgo.ca/clist.php?nm=108

Cheers,
DB

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 14:42 GMT (UK) »
All these poor children sent away so sad  :'(

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 15:39 GMT (UK) »

Way too sad :'( Rosie.

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 19:30 GMT (UK) »
I wondered if he was one of he children sent to Canada and now it seems like it's confirmed! 

Thank you Rosie and everyone for your continued help  ;D 

I was trying to find James in the 1901 census but the only one I could find with an age close to him was in Nipissing Ontario but it states that he was Irish.  It's possible it was him as the enumerator may have assumed he was born there because of his surname.  Nipissing is just over an hour from Parry Sound where he enlisted so it isn't completely out of the question.  Ottawa, where he said he lived when he enlisted in 1916 is four hours away from Nipissing.  I just wish I could find him in the 1911 census.  I did not see a death for him yet from WW1 so he may have survived.  :)
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Yes not seeing him in later census forms or marriage /death  ??? Wonder if he ever found his way back home ....still no luck with the girls pity it did not give an address for his next of kin Mary

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Rosie,

Although he listed Mary, his younger sister, as his next of kin, the last time he would have seen her would have been around 1881.  Maybe it was the first sibling who came to mind who he remembered.  Perhaps if he fought in Europe, he may have returned to England?  I could not find a death for him on the CWGC.  It seems that we have found him and now lost him again  :'(
As for the girls, Mary Elizabeth and Jane, I'm starting to wonder again if they were the girls who went to America who Ambly found.  There is absolutely no trace of them again in England after 1891. 
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire