Author Topic: lloyd family llanbedr and close area  (Read 9621 times)

Offline smallholderitm

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: lloyd family llanbedr and close area
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 October 19 14:04 BST (UK) »
Hello all
Herewith details of baptisms ofJohn & Catherines children.  The original parish documents are on Find My Past and all in Llanaber, Merionethshire, but they are as follows:-

John Evans Lloyd        6 February 1831   I assume died before 1858 as a further child is named the same

Erasmus Lloyd            20 April 1834

Ellinor Lloyd                10 June 1837

Catherine Lloyd          17 May 1841        There is a burial for a Catherine Lloyd aged 8 of Tynewydd (same address as baptisms) on 12 December 1849.  I surmise this is the same one as they call a later child Catherine (very common)

Evan Lloyd                   8 April 1844

Anne  Lloyd                17 January 1847   Again a burial is listed 26 October 1848 for Anne of Tynewydd aged 1

John  Lloyd                10 September 1849   Again a burial is listed 2 May 1850 - as he does not appear on 1851 census with family probably him

Anne Lloyd                6 September 1851

Catherine  Lloyd       1 October 1854            There is a burial listed 7 February 1876 for Catherine Lloyd aged 21 again in Llanaber register, so I would suspect this is her.

John Evans Lloyd     27 October 1858

Poor Catherine  was just a baby making factory and then to lose at least 4 if not 5 of her children.

In 1891 aged 80 and a widow, Catherine appears on the census at 1 Williams Buildings, Llanaber in the HH of her daughter Anne and Anne's husband Lewis Rees.  She died 18 March 1897 at Penygraig, Barmouth and her death was reported by her son John Lloyd of No3 Marine Gardens, Barmouth and was buried at Llanaber.
Find my past is very usefull for Welsh parish registers and has the original registers photocopied.
John Lloyd was born in 1810 in Llanbedr and his parents were Erasmus Lloyd and Anne Lloyd (her maiden surname was also Lloyd) married June 24th 1808 at  Llanfair Huxta, Harlech.
I cannot find the baptism of Erasmus, nor his death entry so if anyone has found those I wouuld be most interested to hear from them.
Many thanks
smllholderitm.

Brooke and Fitton in Huddersfield area of Yorkshire
Chaff(e) in Buckfastleigh in Devon
Page in Northampton and Manchester
Fall in Ripon
Wetherald in County Durham

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: lloyd family llanbedr and close area
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 December 19 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Can I suggest that you search the births register for the Scottish Baptists of Ramoth, Llanfrothen and Rehoboth, Harlech.    Many families along the Meirioneth coastline converted very early to Scottish Baptism, some in the late 1700's even; their ministers recorded the births (not baptisms) of these families' children, its an absolute gold mine.   The brilliant thing is that when it is recorded the detail includes both parent's names, address and also the mother's parents.  These families when entering detail about themselves also moved between using the patronymic surname and the modern surname.   For example my ancestor John Howell had a daughter named Elliw who appears in various census' as either Elliw Jones (for John's ) or Elliw Howell.   Her marriage certificate finally broke down this brick wall for me as both names are mentioned.   Good luck.
Nesta