Author Topic: margaret graham,s dad ?  (Read 10432 times)

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: margaret graham,s dad ?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 23 March 15 14:26 GMT (UK) »
yes martha graham and thomas graham were husband and wife but martha was john hutchinson sister maiden name hutchinson

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 March 15 16:48 GMT (UK) »
OK, so Martha Graham nee Hutchinson was sister of the groom. Who was Thomas Graham? Looks as though he might have been related to Margaret, but I don't think he's come up in our discussion so far, has he?

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 March 15 16:55 GMT (UK) »
I have researched thomas graham and he have a sister margaret but her birth according to census wad 1855 my margaret was 1848 which is 7 yr difference and my margaret from marrige through to her death in 1931 corresponded to her birth as 1848 but i thought same as you and tomorrow am going to look further into margaret 1855 and both margarets born newcastle

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 March 15 17:25 GMT (UK) »
OK - let us know when you need some more input.
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 23 March 15 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you i will but its strange thomas graham wed martha , johns sister and john wef a graham there has to be some connection ... i will look into it in depth tomorrow as in thomas grahams sister margaret and her birth ... watch this space because i will keep you updated  ;D

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 13:04 GMT (UK) »
update my william graham 1805 parents [ father of margaret 1848 ]were william graham 1771 and isabella norton 1778 i have all there childrens baptisims
thomas graham 1855 who married martha hutchinson who was sister  to john hutchinson 1851 who married margaret graham 1848 parents were thomas bewick graham 1826 and elizabeth rymer 1825 i cant make any connection between williams parents william graham 1771 and thomas graham 1855 parents thomas bewick graham ,, but then im no expert ,, in a few months with more research i might find a connection other than marriage of the hutchinson brother and sister

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Sounds like you've been busy! However, since in 1841 William was next door to an Edward and Isabella, and had the same occupation as Edward, I'm still wondering how you're sure that your William is son of William Graham and Isabella Norton, rather than the one I found a couple of days ago:

Edward Graham and Isabella Stephenson had a William baptised at St John, Newcastle on 2 Mar 1806 (born 15 Mar 1805) - source FamilySearch. (I didn't try John William, and there may be other possibilities too.)

(I haven't checked this out to see if they actually were the ones found in 1841, but on the face of it they're a possibility.)

Arthur

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 19:46 GMT (UK) »
I will have a look again , but im sure edward was williams uncle , and i think in my tree that edward and isabella also had a william 1805 along with other children .. but i will double cheque tomorrow ,, i did look at other trees on ancestry and they all had williams parents same as mine , but they didnt have a edward even ad his uncle ,,, i will give you all i have on william and sibblings

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 21:04 GMT (UK) »
You have got me thinking to the point i have looked through all my notes iv had layed about for years and iv discoverd i have baptisim records of all of william grahams sibblings but none for him ... i will do a good search tomorrow as im on my tablet at mo and its no good for searching ... its strange why i havent got williams baptisim and yet all of his sibblings when william was my gr grandad