Author Topic: margaret graham,s dad ?  (Read 10443 times)

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: margaret graham,s dad ?
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 26 March 15 17:33 GMT (UK) »
For paper copies, it looks as though the first one is £5, then 50p for each additional one ordered at the same time. More details on the leaflet at http://www.twmuseums.org.uk/geisha/assets/files/Copying%20charges%20leaflet%202013%20FINAL%281%29.pdf

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 26 March 15 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Its just what she told me this morning on the phone

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 26 March 15 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Without checking the leafflet again, I think £7 was the price of a digital copy sent by email.
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 26 March 15 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you arthurk for all your help and advice .. but i have no other option than to give this line of my family up , i have the same problem with my other line my gr gr grandad william morrison spaytree (aspatria)  so i had to pay anthony adolph £300  to find his parents , sibblings cos he was a brick wall that was 3rd december and am still waiting for any news on his finding if any ,,, so i cant afford to pay someone to find the grahams as well saddly ... but again thank you for your help and advice

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 26 March 15 17:48 GMT (UK) »
What would be the point of getting a copie when there would be no added info on it

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 26 March 15 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Sometimes things are mistranscribed, and it's always regarded as best practice to look at original documents for yourself rather than rely on what someone else thinks they say. With marriage registers in particular, it can be helpful to compare the signatures of people with the same name, to see if they might be the same person.

I agree, seeing original documents or getting copies isn't always practical or affordable, but it's an ideal to aim for. Anyway, good luck with the rest of your research, and do post again if you need any help.

Arthur

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 01 April 15 15:28 BST (UK) »
i have trailed through the burrials at st john newcastle familysearch bishop transcrips  for more info on death of william graham age 18  on 13 april 1824 and found he was living at what looks like forth street image on page 201 

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 01 April 15 17:25 BST (UK) »
Not sure if I went the long way round, but I got to the image eventually and I'd agree with it being Forth Street. Does that tie in with anything else that you've found?

Arthur

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 01 April 15 17:32 BST (UK) »
Hi arthurk  unfortunatly no , the only way it ties in is either edwards or william son were baptised same place this william was burried ,  ...