Author Topic: Jevnaker Hadeland Oppland NORWAY-Ingeborg Jensdatter- born abt 1786-death record  (Read 11158 times)

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help Please Can't seem to find a death record for Ingeborg Jensdatter

She was born abt Feb 1786- baptized 3 Feb 1786- Haugere Jevnaker Hadeland Oppland Norway
Father: Jens Christensen & mother : Gunild Jensdatter

3 Husbands:
Anders Iversen Olimbdahlen- 2 sons- Henrich and Iver
Peder Gulbrandsen-( did not marry)- one daughter- Anna
Brynild Olsen- 5 children- only 2 sons survived childhood from this marriage-Ole & Jens 

Ingeborg possible died between 1828-1865- cant seem to see her on the 1865 Census?

Can anyone help me ? I could not find a Forum for Norway ?? Perhaps there should be a New Forum?

Thanks in advance for your kindness
Jila

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jevnaker Hadeland Oppland NORWAY-Ingeborg Jensdatter- born abt 1786-death record
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jila

Do you know the whereabouts of Jens, Ole and Brynild Olsen in 1865?

Ian

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jevnaker Hadeland Oppland NORWAY-Ingeborg Jensdatter- born abt 1786-death record
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Brynild Olsen - I have he died March 1834- Halvorsrud Olimb Hadeland Oppland Norway

Son- Ole- born in Olimbeie Jevnaker Norway-died 1871- Bratvoldseie Jevnaker Norway( I think)- on 1865 Census- but no Ingeborg with him

Son- Jens-Born 1825-Olimbeie Jevnaker Norway- died 1892- Bratvoldseie Jevnaker - on 1865 & 1875 census but no Ingeborg showing with him either?

The last child I have for Ingeborg & Brynild- was Gulbrand -Birth abt 13 Oct 1828 in Olimbeie Jevnaker Norway ..Death abt 19 Aug 1829 in Olimbeie Jevnaker Norway

It is possible Ingeborg could have died between 1828 and 1865

Jila

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks.

Looking at his death record from 1834 in Jevnaker and if I see it right (my Norwegian isn't that good) I think it says "huusmann(d) under Östre Olem".
Comparing to other records in the book the minister sometimes wrote "enkemann" meaning widow. I think then if Brynild was a widow it would then have said "enkemann".
So perhaps Ingeborg was alive in 1834.

Have you gone through all the records one-by-one?

Ian

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your help :) I will go back to the Records and take another look..Sometimes it is hard to make out the writing on the old records.(for me anyways)

If she was alive in 1834- then I will look from 1834-1965..someone had 1855-but I couldnt find any record that year.

I am also looking for 3 brothers of my GG grandmother Karen Nilsdatter- she was born 3 July 1836 in Fiskaretorpet Norra Skane By Parish Varmland Sweden . moved to Hurum in 1855 and married Johan Amundsen in Eidsvold 1865 died in Oslo-15 March 1905..

Her brothers were :

Olaf-Ö. Uggelsäter, Huggenäs Varmland Sweden,
Nils- 11 nov 1843 in Huggenas Parish Varmland Sweden ,
Anders 21 Feb 1850 in Östra Uggelsäter, Huggenäs Varmland Sweden
Johnnes 12 April 1853 in Huggenas Parish Varmland Sweden -10 June 1923 in Östra Glänne Frykerud parish Värmland Sweden

=============================================

All the brothers immgrated to the USA or Canada..Johannes took the surname Tornqvist stayed in Worcester Mass USA for about 5 yrs then returned to Varmland

Their Parents were :

Nils Ringsfelt Hansson Uggelqvist- Born 18 Aug 1811 in Alster Parish Varmland Sweden -died-1 Nov 1861 in Ostra Uggelsater Huggenas Varmland Sweden
and
Lisa Olofsdotter Uggelqvist- Birth abt 19 Oct 1812 in Kvarntorp, Ny-Huggenäs (S) (Södra Ny Varmland Sweden -Death 19 Oct 1885 in Gillberga Södra Ny Varmland Sweden

They also moved to Hurum Norway abt 1853- but later returned to Varmland.

If I knew where the brothers immigrated to and which surname they used I might have better luck finding them. I recently found some of Johannes family but they dont seem to know about the missing brothers or Karen(kajsa)

I have a little info on the immigrations:

Olof-Nilsson, Olof Drng (unmarried man) b. 7/22/1840 in Huggens, Vrmlands ln (Vrmlan Emigrated 1/27/1860 from Uggelster stra, Huggens, Vrmlands ln (Vrmlto Norge Source: Household Examination Roll, p. 89 Emibas migration file ID: Huggens S 1860 001 This person did go directly to North America.

Nilsson Uggelqvist, Anders Drng (unmarried man) b. 10/6/1850 in Ny, Vrmlands ln (Vrmland Emigrated 8/23/1870 from Lsdrivare, Huggens, Vrmlands ln (Vrmlato Nordamerika

Nilsson Uggleqvist, Nils Drng (man) b. 12/11/1843 in Huggens, Vrmlands ln (Vrmlan Emigrated 11/22/1869 from Vle, Sdra Ny, Vrmlands ln (Vrmlato Nordamerika

===============================================

If you can help at all that would be great!

Thanks alot
Jila

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 22:50 GMT (UK) »
I think I might have found Ingeborg's death record- 4 Nov 1864 hard to read but looks like Halvorsrudeie Jevnaker - buried 12 Nov 1864- Just thought I would let you know :)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 March 15 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It could be her but this Ingeborg was 85 years old in 1864, so being born in 1780.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 March 15 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just found the family in Värmland, Sweden and noticed that the father was a soldier.
Here is his record from the soldier's database:

http://www.ep.liu.se/databases/soldatregister/dbrecord.en.aspx?id=512603

Ian

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 26 March 15 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian,

Yes Nils was a soldier and worked on the famous Canal in Varmland- then retired and moved to Hurum in 1855- but later moved back. he was given the soldier surname Ringsfelt too

It is the 3 sons Olaf, Nils & Anders -that I cant find? I think one or all of them could have moved to Minnesota? But being  Johannes lived in Worcester Mass USA- I guess they could have lived there too?

Karen's daughter Caroline Elise- born 1875 married Peter Bernhard Pedersen /Peterson and they immigrated to Averill & Ferlton Minnesota then to Saskatchewan and eventually ended up in Vahalla centre Alberta