Author Topic: Jevnaker Hadeland Oppland NORWAY-Ingeborg Jensdatter- born abt 1786-death record  (Read 11172 times)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jevnaker Hadeland Oppland NORWAY-Ingeborg Jensdatter- born abt 1786-death record
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 March 15 01:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have found all 3 brothers in the books upto when they left Sweden. Where did you get the info for the 3 brother's emigrations?

Ian

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jevnaker Hadeland Oppland NORWAY-Ingeborg Jensdatter- born abt 1786-death record
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 March 15 02:41 GMT (UK) »
I think I receive the info from a Internet helper..But it did not say where they immigrated to?  If I knew the State or Province where they went and perhaps a marriage or two that would help.. Looks like two of the brothers left Sweden unmarried.

Canada and the USA and very big countries and there are so many Nils Nilsen, Olaf Nilsen and Anders Nilsen   it is difficult to find them :(

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 March 15 10:18 GMT (UK) »
I found out where your internet helper got their info from.

I went through the books to clarify all this and this is what the minister had written:
Anders Nilsson Uggelqvist in Norway left for America 23 Aug 1870
Nils Nilsson Uggelqvist left for America 12 Nov 1869
Olof Nilsson in Norway 27 Jan 1860

I think they all left from Norway as they are not in the swedish database for emigrants.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 March 15 10:20 GMT (UK) »
You probably have this:

Johannes Törnqvist (was Uggelqvist) married Anna Lisa Jonsdotter in 1877 and died In 1923.

Family in 1890:
Törnquist, Johannes b. 1853
Jonsdotter, Anna Lisa b. 1847
David Nathanael b. 1879   
Karl Jonathan b. 1881

The minister had written that Johannes was living with cobbler Törnvall in the early 1870’s. This I suppose was where he got his new name from.
Apparently Johannes had a deformed right foot.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 March 15 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just found your other forum threads so I now know how much you know. Just now to find where the 3 brothers ended up.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 March 15 11:02 GMT (UK) »
You can take a look on this Norwegian site for passenger lists:

http://www.norwayheritage.com/pasquest.asp?nm=olof&su=nilsen&st=&ye=All

There are a number of Anders , Olofs and Nils Nilsen etc. Remember though that the names were probably spellt as Norwegian names.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 March 15 11:04 GMT (UK) »
I have also checked the death databases and found no evidence of the 3 brothers returning to Sweden.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 26 March 15 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Found your tree on Ancestry.

I suppose all the records apart from the Swedish ones are just guesses?

Ian

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 March 15 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Hmmm.. They all left via Norway? Yes I have been trying to find these brothers for some time and yes some of the info on my tree are guesses..

I did find a posting about one of the brothers(forgot which brother?) in Worchester Mass- but the date of birth was not the same -but it seemed to fit for the most part- so temporarily added his wife until I can confirm or eliminate him..

The record you found said this Ole had family ? I think I found the immigration record said he was not married? I did find one possible marriage in Hurum in 1873 to a Maja Greta Andersdtr..But is Olof immigrated in 1860 this would not be him-unless he returned to Hurum and then married?

===========================================
This is some Immigrations I found to Quebec:
12534 Oslo 116 1869 April 14 Nils Nilsen m G Arbeider 1843 V.aker Kvebek Norsk Concordia 12535 Oslo 117 1869 April 14 Elise Nilsen f G 1849 V.aker Kvebek Norsk Concordia 12536
Oslo 118 1869 April 14 Matea Ingebretsen f 1848 V.aker Kvebek Norsk Concordia 12537
Oslo 119 1869 April 14 Johannes Nilsen m Arbeider 1850 Elgøy
=============================================
Also found this record:
Olaf Nilsson Birth abt 1840 :in Sverrig Destination:Grand Rapids -Date:    22 apr 1873,
Departure:   Köpenhamn Database Name: EmiHamn. Occupation/Title:Landmand Archive Call Number:2390 Principal Person:Nilsson Olaf

Jila