Author Topic: Family Search  (Read 13313 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Family Search
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 16:30 GMT (UK) »
I agree with Sandra - one, perhaps two names and dates the same but not a whole family.

Thanks Sandra and Jan for input and help.  I will not give up.  I will contact the library and ask for more information on the book and keep trawling the net for any more snippets on Readman or Redman.

There may come a time when you do have to draw a line under it, or put it on a back burner for a bit. I would set yourself a time limit, and if you haven't found anything by then, move to another branch and return to this one in a year or so. If Edward and Mary are wrong and there are no records you are never going to be able to prove it.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 16:33 GMT (UK) »
My apologises - obviously went from memory - and put Anthony instead of Andrew Taylor Redman - sure you knew who I mean't  ;)
Sorry I can't agree that it is highly likely for 2 families to have the same names and dates of birth, that would be a "miracle" -  agree some families tended to have the same names throughout many generations.

No need to apologise Sandra, didn't realise you were doing it from memory, that's brilliant, I just wondered if Anthony was someone I had missed ;D

I cant really agree with the same dob theory either. Names possibly. But both together ???

I had a reply about the pages from the book:

"That's a really good question. I looked through the book for any relevant bibliographies and/or citations, but did not see any. However, the book states , verbatim, "The materials were compiled and produced used available information; Turner Publishing Company and the Posey County Historical Society regrets they cannot assume liability for errors or omissions." As this text is copyrighted by the Posey County Historical Society, it seems likely that most of the research occurred there.

Just though I would keep you in the loop.

Jane
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 16:37 GMT (UK) »
I agree with Sandra - one, perhaps two names and dates the same but not a whole family.

There may come a time when you do have to draw a line under it, or put it on a back burner for a bit. I would set yourself a time limit, and if you haven't found anything by then, move to another branch and return to this one in a year or so. If Edward and Mary are wrong and there are no records you are never going to be able to prove it.

Jan,  that time is rapidly approaching, may spend a few more hours on it and then back-burner it is.

Thanks for help and you too Sandra :)
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820