Author Topic: One for the tech guys! This old pc has being laying in a corner of the garden !  (Read 8167 times)

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
Re: One for the tech guys! This old pc has being laying in a corner of the garden !
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 March 15 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Ok, you guys - I retrieved the hard drive and after much battering, prising apart and cursing (good job the neighbours were out!) I managed to rip it open.

Photo taken at the scene of the 'crime' (along with 'murder' weapons  :P)  - what do I do now?  ???

Stoney
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: One for the tech guys! This old pc has being laying in a corner of the garden !
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 26 March 15 13:33 GMT (UK) »
You seem to have borrowed my hammer and screwdiver ;D ;D, give the round grey bits a whack.

Since it was manufactured in a clean room and any particle greater than 5 microns will cause a head crash I think it is done for already but best to be on the safe side.

Mike

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 26 March 15 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Ok, you guys - I retrieved the hard drive and after much battering, prising apart and cursing (good job the neighbours were out!) I managed to rip it open.

Photo taken at the scene of the 'crime' (along with 'murder' weapons  :P)  - what do I do now?  ???

Stoney

Eat the evidence
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 26 March 15 18:44 GMT (UK) »

Stoney

Eat the evidence

I don't think I fancy 'fried' circuits.........!    ;D

Thank you all, for your help - a few more smashes with a hammer and then I'm done!

Stoney

Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 26 March 15 19:32 GMT (UK) »
If there is still some life

Perhaps consider drowning it next !!!!

NCIS

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 27 March 15 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Bury it under a car park in Leicester. They'll never find it.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 27 March 15 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Bury it under a car park in Leicester. They'll never find it.

....famous last words!   ;D

Stoney

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 28 March 15 12:32 GMT (UK) »
The pathology report has been received from the lab. The victim has been positively identified as Mr Max Tor.
A hard fella, well known for memorising a lot of useful facts - known to the mob as "Data".
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 28 March 15 18:54 GMT (UK) »
The pathology report has been received from the lab. The victim has been positively identified as Mr Max Tor.
A hard fella, well known for memorising a lot of useful facts - known to the mob as "Data".

.....you're having way too much fun with this, Trystan!!   ;D ;D  ::)

Mr Tor is languishing in a bowl of water as we speak....before a one-way trip to the tip  ;)

Stoney