Author Topic: Help finding family of Gordon Brookes 1903-1965  (Read 7056 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding family of Gordon Brookes 1903-1965
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 May 15 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,

It is against the rules of the site to publish your e-mail address - spam etc. so you will have to remove it or a moderator will do it for you.

You need to make 1 more post to be able to use the personal message system, where you can have your conversation with Tom in private.

If you click on the name tom Langley on the left hand margin, it will take you to another screen where in the left hand margin you will see the option to send a pm

Hope this helps.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Savvycee1954

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 May 15 21:26 BST (UK) »
Tom, I've been doing research as well and would like to share the information I have. Hope it will help. I will Reply to your PM if possible. :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 May 15 21:30 BST (UK) »
Well done Savvycee1954 - you're up and running now.

Cheers
Sandra  ;D
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Joan Brookes Rea

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 01:18 BST (UK) »
My birth name was Joan Helen Brookes,
My father was Gordon Leo Brookes born in Bellingham Washington on Aug 23, 1902
My mother was Helen Beatrice Lonneberg born Dickson Alberta June 21 192?
They were married at Ashcroft BC on July 22 1933

Gordon Leo had four sons with Ruth Carson - Leo Gordon b 1924 Roy Edward b 1926 Arthur Robert b 1928 and Cecil William Bernard born in the 1930's
From Helen Brookes, were born Joan Helen at Lillooet British Columbia April 8 1934.
 Patricia Margaret  Teresa born Nov 17 1935 in the Sundahl House Terrace B.C. deceased
and Paul Wilfred Joseph born April 14 1937 on Braun's Island farm in Terrace B.C. 

Leo Gordon was married twice.  He had two stepsons from his first marriage to Anne a war widow and no children from the second He died at his home on vancouver island some time in the 70s

Roy Edward (Ted) married Orma and they had 2 children a boy and a girl . Ted died in the 80s

Arthur Robert (Bob) married and had 8 children.  They lived in Boston Bar BC and other places in the Cariboo country    and Bob passed in the 90s

Cecil William Bernard married twice (at least) his first wife Liza and he had one son .  i don't know anything about the others except he was married and living in Vernon BC in the 90s

i married Peter Dimion who died in a car accident in 1954.  we had one son Peter Gordon born jan 29 1954 St Thomas died in Dec. 2012 at St Albert Alberta after a long illness.

My second husband was Ernest Franklin Clark of Reece's Corners Ontario. He died in St Thomas Ont in the 1980s We had three children  a hir; b Aug 9 1955 at Sarnia Ontario,  currently in Kamloops BC  mother of 2 girls;  a girl  b April 4 1969 Surrey BC currently in seattle washington unmarried; and a son b May 17 1970 Surrey BC currently in Vancouver BC married and one daughter....

after i divorced Clark, i married William Cope in Petrolia Ontario and we had one daughter    After  I divorced Cope in 1972, Wm. cope died in 1993

I married George Rea in Maple Ridge BC we later moved to Alberta and George died in St Albert Alberta April 2 2015 .

.Patricia married James Winthrop and they had 3 girls and a boy. Patsy is also deceased

Paul Wilfred married Esther and they were divorced in 1965.  He then went to Australia for several years and travelled all over the world in his job.  He settled in California and married a California girl - he was killed in California around the turn of the century in a car accident.  His widow still lives in California.  He had no children.

Names and dates elude me. they began leaving when I  turned 80 but I will help all I can - roots are important

-   I hope this information is of help to those of you who are looking to grow a family tree.  I have more knowledge of the Lonneberg family but know little of the Brookes beyond Grandma Yeager who looked after all us kids while mother worked outside on the farm and dad was away working on the railroad.   

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 02:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Joan and Welcome to RootsChat  :)

It is against RootsChat rules to identify any people who are still living. You have only just posted this so you can use the 'modify' button and change those portions of your text that clearly identify those still alive. You could just use initials and general dates so they can't easily be known.

Best of Luck on this site - its friendly, a great place both to find out information and to help others with their research.  :)

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 05:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Joan! I have actually been trying to find you along with your niece Madeleine. We have been struggling to find info on your older half brothers.
I did send you a message through Facebook a while ago
Thank you for the info!
Tom
Langley, Broughton, Taylor, Broad, Cooper, Owen, Bennion, Yorke, Knox, Norcup, Holland, Brookes, White, Davies, Huntbach, Bowler, Barnett.

Offline mhurf

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 06 February 20 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Joan, My husband's grandfather was H C A Hurford who, together with Gordon L Brookes, lost a case in the Supreme Court of BC: Brooks and Hurford v Cariboo Gold Quartz Mining Company. I know this thread is 5 years old, but wondering whether your father ever talked about the case which took place in 1933?