Author Topic: OLDACRE....  (Read 6091 times)

Offline Daisyroot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
OLDACRE....
« on: Monday 19 July 04 22:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am looking for details of the wedding between  George Oldacre and Mary Ann Powles..I  should imagine it was around 1855.George was born in Gloucester and the family gravitated between there and Poplar,London .Mary Ann was born in Tupsley,Hereford...thanks..
All census information is Crown Copyright and from  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/<br /><br />

Offline Jeano

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: OLDACRE....
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 October 04 12:15 BST (UK) »
Hello,Where are you Florence?We are OLDAKER and live in the Vale of Evesham.We have worked on my husbands family,and have them back to the 1500s .Can perhaps help you with information-if you contact us we will see.Did you know Arthur Oldaker put together books of family trees?Copies at The Birmingham Reference Library-about 5 boxes of books.Gordon's tree starts in STAUNTON ,Gloucestershire.The books cover all spellings of Oldaker/Oldacre.
Haram-all spellings-Anywhere.Stephens/Stevens -Bethnal Green.Jordan/Jordain-Hull/Brixham .Grundy-Liverpool area/Hull.Wade-Northants/Bucks.Swale-Halifax /Hull.Culpan-Halifax area.Emmerson-Yorkshire/Canada.Leng-Yorkshire.Gibbon-Yorkshire/Canada.stuff::)

Offline Daisyroot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 October 04 13:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,I was born in Hereford but now living in Notts.Our George was born in Shipton Oliffe/Sollars and christened in 1823.Parents John Oldacre and Mary Ann.He was the youngest of 7(so far!) children....Siblings being-John,Anne,Hannah Maria,Richard,Edward,William.
He married Mary Ann Powles and their first child was born in Poplar but was'nt christened until about 3 years later in Hereford ,on the same day as their second child.We have checked the record office in Hereford and there is nothing there for them(presuming they did get married)so am left wondering whether they possibly got married in Gloucester or Poplar.Thanks for the information about Arthur Oldaker i have'nt come across him yet.Fingers crossed you might be able to help.Thanks in anticipation!!
All census information is Crown Copyright and from  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/<br /><br />

Offline AshkeJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • My mother's father - Ellis Howard Adams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 October 04 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hello,Where are you Florence?We are OLDAKER and live in the Vale of Evesham.We have worked on my husbands family,and have them back to the 1500s <snip>

Hi Jeano. I have Oldacre/Oldaker ancestors, and would like the chance to see if "my" Oldacre's are of any relation to the ones in your husband's family.

Feel free to e-mail me at gidgetfrance@hotmail.com for more details!

Dominic
Holborow/Hurcombe/Halliday - Glos/Wilts
Palmer/Fisher - Collingbournes, Wiltshire
Murray - West Lulworth, Dorset

Offline Jeano

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 October 04 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hello,Gordon will look for you in the records we have,but ours as I say are OLDAKER.However -he thinks that yours possibly tie in with the OLDACRE family that were at Bishops Cleeve,Cheltenham ,this is Gloucestershire.Have you looked at the records that used to be called St Catherine's?the Marriage records-as they should be on there somewhere.What about census?Jeano
Haram-all spellings-Anywhere.Stephens/Stevens -Bethnal Green.Jordan/Jordain-Hull/Brixham .Grundy-Liverpool area/Hull.Wade-Northants/Bucks.Swale-Halifax /Hull.Culpan-Halifax area.Emmerson-Yorkshire/Canada.Leng-Yorkshire.Gibbon-Yorkshire/Canada.stuff::)

Offline Jeano

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 09 October 04 07:33 BST (UK) »
Florence-we have found births-and also that a few generations previously YOUR Oldacre was spelt as ours is.Will send our e-mail in a message.Jeano

Offline mrbee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 October 04 07:53 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am researching an Oldaker/Oldacre family in Shelton, Stafford the spelling changed from 1851 to 1861.  The head of the households on the 1851 census are Thomas and James who were both born in Snelson/Snelston Derbyshire.
Bourne, Findler, Shenton, Shaw, McElin, Spain, Oldacre, Mountford,

Offline Daisyroot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 29 October 04 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,I notice that you are also researching Mountfords.My G.grandma was Olga Oldacre and she married Thomas James Mountford in Hereford 1917.I notice that the Mountfords seem to  originate from Staffs but we have drawn a blank on ours.On their wedding certificate his father is named as John and we have found a possible wedding for him too but are unable to find out where he cam from or anything else.When they married they actually lived in Derby for a while but i don't appear to have any link with Derby except that.Where are your Mountford's from and do you have a spare John Mountford anywhere??!!!

Offline Jeano

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 29 October 04 15:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,Mr bee-I take it you have checked the IGI for the areas?We can tell you that you would find the books Arthur Oldaker wrote-Oldaker Family History-and covers all spellings of the name/all areas-very helpful/interesting.These are in the Archive dept at Birmingham Central Library.Arthur himself was born at Norbury-a village very close to Snelston,he died in 1999.
We are ourselves -as you will have read-from the Gloucestershire/Worcestershire family.Good Hunting.Gordon and Jean Oldaker