Author Topic: Where Am I No 11? (New)  (Read 7987 times)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where Am I No 11? (New)
« Reply #27 on: Friday 24 April 15 02:48 BST (UK) »
Well found SL!  ;D I thought this might never be cracked.

Now can you please explain how you found it? (Always keen to know the processes involved,  ;))

Such a shame it is lost though.  :'(

Added: It actually looks nicer from the rear view than the front. Sadly Jool's link gives plenty of background to the family so no fun for the rootschatters to try to chase them up.

Hi Ruskie

I would also love to know SL's technique and will take notes!  :D  It is a shame.  I was hoping to add   another one to my itinerary of stately home visits, not to be though.

On the contrary, I think it would be amazing if someone could discover some link, however, tenuous to either the Hanbury or Clifton Brown families, possibly through business associations.

Caz

Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 24 April 15 02:50 BST (UK) »
Well done, that's another one I can cross off my search list.
Pat

Hiya Pat

Thank you so much for your continued interest.  Don't give up though, I'm about to post another WAI mansion, albeit rather an obscure looking one!  :-\

Then I'll start on the churches which I think may well be needles in haystacks, but you never know!  ;)

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 24 April 15 02:51 BST (UK) »
Brilliant work SL 8)

Pat, all I've managed to do so far is cross houses of the list...no luck finding them :(

Joy

Aw Joy, like Pat I'm sure your turn will come.  Thanks so much for your interest though and keeping these threads going!  :-*

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 24 April 15 03:09 BST (UK) »
Just another connection if my memory serves me correctly, but weren't the Clifton Browns bankers, which could be another connection to the Norman family who were also bankers.

The lady in the photo could possibly be Mildred Norman, wife of Archibald Norman that resided in the Rookery as per the 1901 census.  They had four children, the eldest being Mary aged 9 in 1901 and Virginia 7.  The photos assuming they were taking around the same time as Burnham Beeches photos, makes this around 1907ish so they definitely don't fit.

I really need to start fact sheets for all these photos…unless anyone would like to volunteer and write them?  It will be ages before I can get around to do it as I've got so much scanning and dating of photos yet to finish, so if anyone feels inclined all help gratefully received!

Caz

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 24 April 15 04:32 BST (UK) »

On the contrary, I think it would be amazing if someone could discover some link, however, tenuous to either the Hanbury or Clifton Brown families, possibly through business associations.

Caz

I was thinking that the family who lived and owned this house has already been researched, but yes, trying to find a link to the Hanbury or Clifton Browns would be a nice little exercise.  :)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 24 April 15 04:56 BST (UK) »
Well just don't sit there Ruskie, off you go….  :P :P :P :P ;) ;) ;D ;D

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 24 April 15 06:07 BST (UK) »
If you look at the 1901 census, the number of servants they had reads like the cast of characters appearing in Downton Abbey.

Caz

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 24 April 15 06:12 BST (UK) »
Well just don't sit there Ruskie, off you go….  :P :P :P :P ;) ;) ;D ;D

Caz

Nah, I couldn't do it justice Caz. Especially with having to share a computer come the weekend.  ;)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 24 April 15 06:18 BST (UK) »
That's no worries, fully understand.  :-*

If anyone else wants to volunteer…. ;D ;D ;D (hey, if you don't ask, you don't…. ;D ;D ;D)

Caz