Author Topic: William Williams and Elizabeth Radnor  (Read 584 times)

Offline KitHannay

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Williams and Elizabeth Radnor
« on: Friday 10 April 15 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,

Investigating my 4x great grandparents William Williams (born March 7, 1799 in Ludlow, Shropshire) and his wife Elizabeth Radnor (born 1801 in Ludlow also). They were married on December 4, 1820 in Ashford Carbonell, Shropshire and they had two children William (1823, Ludlow) and Harriet (1839, Bewdley, Worc). I found them in 1841 however, living in Litherland, Lancashire. I checked it up and that's quite a distance to travel back then, right? In 1841 William snr. is down as a Publican but by 1851 he's a tanners laborour (what is this?). Do you think they would have travelled for work? Is there some event that happened round 1840 to make them leave does anyone know?

Elizabeth Radnor had two brothers back in Ludlow and they seem to have been orphaned quite early. Their parents died in 1807 and 1808. I'm not sure if they were taken in by family or not - does anyone know of any records I could chck to investigate this further?

Thanks.
Hanna, Donoghue, Johnson, Williams, Glackin, Bradley, Fenlon, Carroll, McGinley, Haughey, Holmes, Cross