Author Topic: Rogers marriage lookup please  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Rod Blackshaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rogers marriage lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 21:20 BST (UK) »
I haven't looked at this line of my family for some time but I recall problems sorting it out because there was another (spare) Sylvester Rogers who I couldn't connect in. I think you are referring to him. The dates would work though I need to recheck the birth date of the Sylvester that married Arabella because I have it as 1776. Somewhere I have a list of the Rogers written by my ggg grandmother, who was a granddaughter of Sylvester/Arabella, and this may shed a bit more light on it. Or not! 

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 August 19 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi again Rod.

Ok your Silvester died 1848, GRO has him as age 63 (c 1785)
Burial on FreeREG also
Ironmonger 1841 Census.
(A Ann Scoffin is next door in 1841)

He was Christened 29 AUG 1784 Carlton Scoop to SILVESTER/ELIZ nee Farmer*
(Familysearch.Org)

He married Arabella Scoffin 22 October 1809

ARABELLA Rogers was buried 17 Oct 1836 St Nicholas, CS, abode Grantham
Age 47
(1789)
(FreeREG)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Rod Blackshaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 September 19 17:12 BST (UK) »
I have checked back on my gggrandmothers notes on her family and she starts with Sylvester Rogers (Jnr). She lists all his and Ann's children including her father George and then goes on to list all her siblings. Each name has who they married and any children. Not quite what we were looking for but it may help someone out there!

She has also listed her maternal grandfather's children. He was Kensington Lewis who was a well-known London silver retailer in the 1820s and 1830s.