Author Topic: Cdv of Lady for dating please  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Cdv of Lady for dating please
« on: Sunday 12 April 15 14:58 BST (UK) »
I would love a date for this one please. Please feel free to use this one for practise if you so wish.
Thanks for looking.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cdv of Lady for dating please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 April 15 15:00 BST (UK) »
and the backside  ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 April 15 15:03 BST (UK) »
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=andycoates&id=I76

Some info about W. M. Edmonds   photographer on this link

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 April 15 15:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that useful background info CC...that's really helpful...Ooo....I have just noticed writing on the back and it looks like it says..Oct 1st 188?

Carol

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 April 15 15:49 BST (UK) »
Appears to be 1888

Regards

John
Daubney's of Lincoln:-:Fox's of Ringley:-:Norris's of Chorley:-:Tong's of Bolton:-:Chadwick's of Leeds

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 12 April 15 16:28 BST (UK) »
Aw thanks John...I had an idea but wasn't sure...Thanks very much for your input.
Carol

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 12 April 15 16:54 BST (UK) »
No problem Carol its a pity that more people didn't write on the back of their CDV's. At least you have a reference image in your collection.

Regards

John
Daubney's of Lincoln:-:Fox's of Ringley:-:Norris's of Chorley:-:Tong's of Bolton:-:Chadwick's of Leeds

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 12 April 15 19:59 BST (UK) »
Funny isn't it what you pick up with a scan that you don't notice with the naked eye.
Thanks for your interest.
Carol

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 18 April 15 05:10 BST (UK) »
I've noticed the same thing on Carol's pic that I have with a lot of my CDVs and that is quite obvious that Carol's photo has been damaged from being in an album. Whether its because of the chemicals in the album paper or because damp gets under the cutout edges and mould develops readily, I'm not sure (of course there is the age factor as well). Anyway, reluctantly because of this, I have removed all my photos from their albums.

Just thought I'd butt in and mention this.  :)

You're right though Carol, I've made a few discoveries after scanning that I hadn't picked up previously.

Caz

Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]