Author Topic: What happened to the kids? Curtis family in Missouri.  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to the kids? Curtis family in Missouri.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 April 15 01:59 BST (UK) »
I still have not found Victoria as a Curtis, but she is shown on a cemetery website as Mary V Curtis Truskett.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=83632431

Still no proof that this is "your" Victoria, of course.  It might be worth searching in Kansas for other Curtis family members, though.

Added:
1895 Lincoln, Crawford, Kansas
Victoria Curtis, age 18, born Missouri
Living with W(?) B Buchanan, age 29, born Illinois, and his family, including his father, W(?) A Buchanan, age 74, born Tennessee

Buchanan rings a bell.   ???  I don't remember where I saw that name today.

She ( age 8 ) is also with W. R. Buchanan and his family in 1885, in Crawford.  Maybe that's where I remember seeing the name.

Also added:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FWLQ-CVZ
"Lou" W. Truskett, November 22, 1899, married Mary V. Curtis.  Event Place: Ft. Scott, Bourbon, Kansas
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Phil Goater

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Harry & Floss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 April 15 03:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you Lisa. I think that there is a very good chance that you have found Victoria and evidence that she is Harry's child though she would have been born at a time when Harry wasn't married.  It seems likely that having fathered 12 children in a relatively short space of time that Harry wouldn't have adapted easily to a celebate lifestyle! Is there a Buchanan girl of a likely age?!

Phil
Goater, Smith, Henning, Scarlett, Lucas, Abraham, Langdale, Parker, Read, Curtis, Arm, Franklin, Bryant, Hart, Earl, White, Welch, Howard, Bateman, Hutchinson, Hunter, Lawes, Rogers, Brixey......

Offline lsh4488

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 01:41 BST (UK) »
There is a Mary V Curtis, age 4, born in Missouri, listed as orphan child in the 1880 census in Eureka Springs, Carroll County, Arkansas living with the Ephraim Neuff family. 

Linda