Author Topic: Arthur George Adams  (Read 8733 times)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Arthur George Adams
« on: Friday 17 April 15 01:37 BST (UK) »
Arthur George Adams was born in Prahan Melbourne  11/11/1914 ..He was the eldest son of George Silverton Adams and Mary Jane McDonald.... I have been unable to find any information on his birth date ..Death Date..I believe he resided at the Mathew Talbot Home for the Homeless Men around 1985-9  ...I have been unable to also find him on the NSW Census at that time...
There are about six Arthur George Adams records at the Rookward Cemetery in Sydney, but the records are very vague re dates etc....That brick wall seems to be getting taller and difficult to get over..I need all the help I can get please....Dalek. ;D

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur George Adams
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 April 15 02:12 BST (UK) »
There is a tree that gives his death date as 1984 ‎(Age 69)‎ Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

http://www.kyliesgenes.com/individual.php?pid=I3939&ged=willisonfamilytree16nov2011.ged&tab=0

and then

ADAMS,Arthur George, Death notice   17 Sep 1984, Death late of North Bondi, Sydney Morning Herald, 19 Sep 1984   

Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 April 15 02:43 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately that death notice on Members thread is incorrect...The North Bondi Adams is a different  one..checked that out...I have notified members of the incorrect DOD on my thread... I contacted the BMD with that info and they informed me that they had no record of an Arthur George Adams with the dates supplied...

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 April 15 02:44 BST (UK) »
Have to go out now..back this afternoon   :)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 April 15 02:56 BST (UK) »
Arthur George Adams was born in Prahan Melbourne  11/11/1914 ..He was the eldest son of George Silverton Adams and Mary Jane McDonald.... I have been unable to find any information on his birth date

Birth
ADAMS Arthur George
Father George Silverton  Mother Mary Jean ADAMS
At Prahan  1914 Reg#34544

Later births show mother as Mary Jean McDONALD.  A mistranscription to from the register to the index as her death shows her maiden name to be McDONALD.

ADAMS Mary Jean
Father McDONALD Donald  Mother Christine MCINTYRE
At Brighton  58 years  1942  Reg#7962

Marriage
ADAMS George Silverton  Born South Australia
McDONALD Mary Jean  Born Victoria
1910  Reg#7102A

George died in 1951 and he and Mary are buried at Springvale
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01f5n/

The online electoral rolls [not census] only extend to 1980.  Perhaps he didn't enrol on later rolls.

This Arthur George born c1914

http://www.esmp.net.au/search-map-facility/crematorium-search.aspx

ADAMS Arthur George 20/09/1984   70 years    Round Rose Gardens, Garden B1

However death reg shows father as Ernest.

21679/1984     
ADAMS Arthur George
Father Ernest

How reliable is your information about his place of residence 1985-1989?    This link indicates the hostel is for temporary accommodation.
https://www.vinnies.org.au/page/Find_Help/NSW/Housing/Matthew_Talbot_Hostel/

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 April 15 23:55 BST (UK) »
That death date  20/9/1984 is incorrect , and I informed some Public Members with a photo of the notice I received from BDM.....I contacted the BDM and received a statement saying no one by that name and birth date is recorded on their records..
The last known contact I had ( he was my father) was around 1980, at the Mathew Talbot Home..I later tried to get information  ie any records of him and they were not helpful at all..said they didnt keep records, which I find strange...I have all the info on George Silverton and Mary Jean..thanks for that...Mary Jean (Jane) as apparently on the birth certificate, was always known to us as Jean, infact her daughter was named Jean after her..and on her Tombstone at Springvale her inscription is Mary JEAN Adams...Her father being a scott, and registering her birth with a strong scottish accent might have sounded like Jane..but its on the certificate and cant be disputed....

Also..there is another daughter Winifred Joyce Adams  She married a Murrall(  think thats the spelling....who I cant find on the BDM's...strange that..anyway..I contacted some cemeteries in NSW, and there are four Arthur George Adams at Rookwood, all paupers without identification...
Unfortunately my parents were divorced when I was a small child so not much information on the immediate family Im afraid.  I have all the records from George Silverton back..The family were Pioneers of South Australia, who came out on the Buffalo in abt 1836 from Portsmouth England...

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 17 April 15 23:57 BST (UK) »
If anyone wants the history of this Adams family..its all recorded by SA Historical Society..  Type in The Ship Buffalo to South Australia..1836

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 18 April 15 00:22 BST (UK) »
Cando...I have seen the inscription of the Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park. NSW..on Arthur George Adams..cremated on 20/9/1984..age 70.  (which would put him in the right age bracket) at Round Rose Gardens..B1  Now I find this strange as I said before I received a document  from the NSW Births, Deaths and Marriages  Registration Act...(Quote)  I hereby certify that a search has been made in the Registration kept by me but no trace can be found of the Registration from 1980   to  1989 inclusive of the death of Arthur George Adams who was said to have died on the 20th August 1984..

So where does that leave me...

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 18 April 15 00:24 BST (UK) »
If the record of that Arthur George Adams has the father as Ernest..then we are back at square one...