Author Topic: Is this the correct Elizabeth Webster b.c. 1798 York  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Is this the correct Elizabeth Webster b.c. 1798 York
« on: Saturday 18 April 15 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi, have an Elizabeth Webster marrying Samuel Wray in Kingston upon Hull 1820 who dies in Hull in 1864.

No place of birth other than county in which residing (Yorkshire) on 1841 census. (HO107; Piece: 1230; Book: 7; Folio: 17; Page: 26)

In 1851 birth place given as Hull but as she was visiting in Lincolnshire at the time the head of household who I assume gave info may not have known the correct place of birth - I cannot find any link between either her or husband with household they were visiting. (HO107; Piece: 2105; Folio: 677; Page: 49)

In 1861 her place of birth is given as York, Yorkshire. (RG 9; Piece: 3588; Folio: 53; Page: 18)

Ancestry is hinting at a birth for her on 19 March 1798 followed by a baptism on 6 May 1798 to Thomas and Charlotte Webster in York with paternal grandparents Isaac & Ann Webster and maternal grandparents John & Elizabeth Underwood - only a record and cannot view actual entry.  This seems to be the same info as on family search showing Elizabeth Webster baptism at St Michael le Belfrey and St Wilfred, York.

I've not touched this hint for a long time as I like to find and prove things myself but can't throw any light on this either to confirm or deny.

Any ideas as to how I might convince myself one way or another to a proven degree?

Thanks, Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire