Author Topic: Change in RootsChat "Home" page - Work in Progress  (Read 29893 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Change in RootsChat "Home" page - Work in Progress
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 14:32 BST (UK) »
May I just point out a little thing that has irked me for years - it did this even before the site was revamped a couple years ago. When you are on the Home page, the Forum tab remains highlighed, instead of Home (as shown in the snippet).

I do apologise for being so pedantic.

Alexander

I hope this "irk" bug isn't catching   :D   as I always land on the Home page  on arrival and never noticed the "Home" button wasn't highlighted.   Being an inquisitive female I let my mouse do some walking & see that the "Forum" button is lit when I click onto the "Help" page too although the rest of the buttons are highlighting correctly.

Never mind, we'll survive eh  :D
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Change in RootsChat "Home" page - Work in Progress
« Reply #109 on: Saturday 27 June 15 12:24 BST (UK) »

Looking much better, congrats.  :) Just wondering what other "regular" Home Page users think.  Some have admitted on this thread that they don't normally use the Home Page, fair enough, I just feel that those that do so need to have an appropriate say.  So to "regular" Home Page users, do you not think it would be better to take the bold off the topic and put it on where the topic is located (the bit in brackets)?

My eye initially seeks out the area I'm interested in, be it "(World War One)" or "(Dublin)" or "(Family History Beginners Board)" or whatever.

Just asking...

Thanks for taking the bold off the topic, this compromise has made the homepage easier for folk like me.  :)