Author Topic: Eileen Mary Sellars  (Read 8335 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Eileen Mary Sellars
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 06:57 BST (UK) »
The other woman in the house appears at other addresses prior to 2008.  It is more likely that she bought the house when Eileen died.  The property was sold March 2008.

If your Eileen did marry Mr Saben the marriage certificate would show her fathers name.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline louise182

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eileen Mary Sellars
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 03 December 15 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Just to close off this set of messages, for the benefit of any future researchers, I have decided that the child in my photograph of Eileen Mary Sellars is most likely her son Robert Daryl Saben, born in mid 1946 to her second husband, and is not a son of her first husband Philip Hugh Boulton, who died in May 1941. It eventually dawned on me that the official and well-established war grave being tended by Eileen and her approx. 5-yr-old son at Alperton Cemetery was likely not installed as WW2 ended but later. Attempts to date the style of her dress also suggested early 1950s rather than mid 1940s.  Eileen's Will mentions only one child, her Saben son, and makes no reference to Boulton.

Many thanks to those who offered assistance with my enquiry. If anyone is interested, I've now finished the book which prompted my original question. 'Brothers in Arms, the Great War Letters of Captain Nigel Boulton, R.A.M.C., & Lieut Stephen Boulton, A.I.F.' will be available next week.

Best wishes,
Louise Wilson
Melbourne, Australia