Author Topic: Eileen Mary Sellars  (Read 8327 times)

Offline louise182

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eileen Mary Sellars
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 April 15 09:08 BST (UK) »
I wonder what is going on? Curiouser and curiouser. The family legend is that Philip was on a 'secret mission' in 1941, but that would hardly be impacting anything today!

I'll see if I can find out something through the Hastings end, but do you happen to remember the second initial that was on the screen before the entry disappeared?

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 April 15 09:14 BST (UK) »
I've just tried the same search on FreeBMD and a subscription site - no birth found.

KG - did you note the GRO ref?  If it's M/1940 Hastings 2b 71, that's the marriage :-\

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 April 15 09:17 BST (UK) »
I'm sure it came up in pink!! ???

Or maybe it's me having a senior moment?! :-\

Apologies - looks as if I have misled you?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline louise182

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 April 15 09:25 BST (UK) »
OK, thanks so much for your efforts, KGarrard and Carol - I'm glad it wasn't me having a senior's moment, if that's what happened. Maybe someone with connections to the family will eventually get in touch, or someone will send me some baptism details for Eileen. Here's hoping. Thanks again.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 April 15 10:27 BST (UK) »
If the child was a legitimate son of Philip, you would think that the family would know.

So was he born before the marriage - seems unlikely unless Philip in England for some time, if you believe they look related.

Can you guess the age of the child from the photo - or is the photo undated so that does not help?

He would now be in his 70's, and so it would be best to try and find him sooner rather than later, just in case.

If you find out who she married we can start looking for wills and death notices and other related information.

Similarly, if we are sure of her birth we can look for siblings and information about them.

Have you looked for any of the family in trees on ancestry etc?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 April 15 11:08 BST (UK) »
... The family in Australia has a photo of Eileen tending Philip's grave post WW2, accompanied by her unnamed son. He looks so much like Philip Boulton that we wonder if this boy was Philip's son.  ...

The photo of Philip's widow tending his grave might have been taken with the purpose of sending to his family which makes it more likely that the boy could be Philip's son rather than a child she had by another man.
FreeBMD only covers England and Wales- perhaps a child was born in Scotland or overseas (after all, there was a lot of moving about during the war).

Here's Philip's gravestone on Find A Grave- perhaps leave a message there in cause a descendant sees it. "husband of Eileen Mary Boulton, of Alperton, Wembley." (perhaps Eileen was evacuated to Scotland?- see above note)
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=62496885
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 April 15 11:18 BST (UK) »
With an address in Wembley, the 1945 marriage to Ernest Saben starts to look like a good bet?! ;)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 April 15 11:30 BST (UK) »
Just to add that I went looking for Eileen M Boulton on the London ER's, and there is another one married to William T Boulton in 1936.  Still both around in 1962 Deptford.
Just in case it got confusing.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 26 April 15 11:35 BST (UK) »
Ernest and Eileen M Saben living at 54 Fortess Road in 1946 on London ER's

Added : Still there on 1955

I can see one Saben/Sellars birth, but no Saben/Boulton from free bmd.

Saben is a fairly unusual surname.