Author Topic: Oops, we've hit a snag. Sorry you're having trouble with the ancestry image.  (Read 22380 times)

Offline msr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Oops, we've hit a snag. Sorry you're having trouble with the ancestry image.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 17:48 BST (UK) »
Me too, and not just the last few days, it has been an intermittent issue for quite a while. 

Are we all getting the message 'You're currently using the updated search forms. Let us know what you think about the changes or learn more about the update. (Switch back to the old forms.)'?

And what about the box that pops up when checking messages?
'NEW!   A Better Message Center' etc?     Yes, I've seen it once, please don't show it again.  Why no option to acknowledge said message so it isn't seen again?

Questions to ask Ancestry you say?   Well yes, perhaps, but they don't often listen.

Susan

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Oops, we've hit a snag. Sorry you're having trouble with the ancestry image.
« Reply #19 on: Friday 01 May 15 18:03 BST (UK) »
Rather relieved then, that it's NOT just me / my machine. Perhaps if we all shout at once they might hear??
I did let them know what I thought ... but I don't think anyone will take notice..... It made me feel better, for a bit, though!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 12 May 15 11:57 BST (UK) »
Odd ... today I got a thingy when I logged on, asking me to take part in a survey .... when I'd finished for the session. But I couldn't find it then. what a pity.....
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Guernseyyogi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 14:32 BST (UK) »
I have had this issue for the last 3 weeks and asked my IT minded son to help. He tries for ages without success, but just before totally giving up tried on his mobile phone , without wi-Fi, and the pages came up fine. So, deciding to turn off and restart my router/internet he was successful and my Ancestry has worked just perfect since.  I have contacted Ancestry to tell them this, but got (what seemed like) an automatic, reply back.  Good luck and give this a go it worked for me!

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 14:35 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat, Thanks for the tip, I will remember that when it happens again.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU