Author Topic: Edward "Ted" Keed born 1882/3  (Read 13317 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Edward "Ted" Keed born 1882/3
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 30 April 15 03:16 BST (UK) »
At NSW state records, there is a probate packet for Frederick George KEED who died 10/3/1946
http://investigator.records.nsw.gov.au/Entity.aspx?Path=\Item\685126
His death notice http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article17971774 says he was 87 years old.

I can photograph this probate packet the next time I am there ... perhaps he mentions Edward in his will.

There is also a probate packet for Emery Marchant KEED who died 31/1/1915 http://investigator.records.nsw.gov.au/Entity.aspx?Path=\Item\1735127 which I can photograph if you think it could be relevant.   His obit http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article141932973

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Karryn keed

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 30 April 15 03:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Ros I wasn't even aware people could veiw Wills of other families.. I guess it would be interesting to see it but Im not too sure if the direct descendants would like it pasted to such a community wall ?
Maybe next time your there you could just look and see if he is mentioned? But I highly doubt it as I'm in communication with a member of the direct line of this family and he hasn't mentioned it.. (A great nephew)
Very interesting though!!

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 30 April 15 04:02 BST (UK) »
I wouldn't post the images on here ...  I upload the photos into an album and then can send you a link to the album.

These probate packets vary quite a lot - sometimes they have certs and lots of family info and sometimes not much at all.

But it's worth a try  :)

cheers,
   Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Karryn keed

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 30 April 15 04:08 BST (UK) »
Ok that would be good.
Thanks

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 30 April 15 04:10 BST (UK) »
Here's the link to search for other family probates http://investigator.records.nsw.gov.au/

Just shout if you see anything else

cheers,
   Ros

Offline Karryn keed

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 30 April 15 09:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you I have been there but I'm not sure what to do when I get there ? I can't seem to be able to access it ??
Sorry I'm new at all this..

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 30 April 15 09:42 BST (UK) »
Hit simple search

Then into box for keywords type
     Keed
And then hit search.

Cheers
   Ros

Offline Karryn keed

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 30 April 15 10:30 BST (UK) »
Whiteout7: my research has found that Frederick and Elizabeth had their first child "Alfred Edward" in 1884 and "Emily Jane" in 1885 at "Narrandera" then "Isabella" in 1887

My "Edward Ted Keed" born 1883 near Condobolin (not far from Narrandera by horse - not even 1 day)

Hmmm I think the Dots are joining ?

Ok my theory is Edward Ted Keeds mum being a "Brown(e) came from Narrandera possibly had a "moment" to "let's say" a Mr Frederick G Keed then she may have been sent to work on Erereman station (as most young Aboriginal girls did) once there realising she was pregnant and then had her child on this station ???

I'm assuming his mum was Aboriginal or Afghan as this was mentioned by his sons half brother

Offline Shoreditch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 30 April 15 12:01 BST (UK) »
This is the G-G-G-Son of FGK #1.

I have a copy of the will of Emery Marchant Keed and there is nothing in it that would help Karen.

The will of Frederick was not mentioned because 1 - I didn't think of it, and 2 - even now that I have considered it, I very much doubt it will help. I was told years ago that only his eldest daughter (Mary Ellen) was mentioned in the will, but I have not seen it myself, as best memory can serve. It can't hurt to look for Karen, if someone is there and has the time.

More importantly maybe, maybe someone can shed some light on this, it concerns a probate record that does NOT come up on the site search, but I have in my notes (amongst the others that DO show on the site) from 20 years or more ago. It is presumably from an old microfiche search I did at either the QLD State Library or the QLD Genealogical Society.

The reference number at the end it in a totally different format to the others, which are six digits, but I do not know of what if any significance that is.

Edward Albert - P - 01 Feb 1953 - PT - P - 34A

Cheers to all helpful researches and good luck with your own searches