Author Topic: Edward "Ted" Keed born 1882/3  (Read 13315 times)

Offline Karryn keed

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward "Ted" Keed born 1882/3
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 07 May 15 10:51 BST (UK) »
Whiteout7

At first my brother and I thought he would have to be tested against another Keed .. But then we thought we were descendants from an afghani man (we were told that edward was the son of one- by an old uncle now deceased) but wth all the research that everyone has done especially "Shore-ditch it looks more like my Great Grandfather was more likely to be a white man as he was voting in 1922 and as you know Aboriginal ppl didn't vote till much later! Or perhaps his mum was afghani and his dad White ? Meaning he may of had fair skin anyway?

I will let my brother know the cost and we'll see where it leads us.. It's so interesting I feel almost consumed by finding more and more info on Edward Keed.

One thing that puzzles me is this - on my family tree it states he was Edward "Ted" Brown / known as Keed. For the life of me I have not been able to find any reference to that name at all?? I'm waiting on the historian to contact me when he returns from where ever so I can quiz him on this .

Thank you once again
Karryn

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 12 June 15 23:41 BST (UK) »
hi Karryn,
   I don't think the probate was much help.

But I believe you have found some new info that you can share with us

Cheers
  Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 13 June 15 01:54 BST (UK) »
Hi KK.

I will post this which I have copied from your new thread  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=722848.0 because it is a little confusing for everyone sometimes to have two threads running on exactly the same subject.

Hi Everyone I've finally found my way back!

I have viewed a document that quite Cleary States That HENRY KEED is the father of Edward Keed - from a marriage type certificate to his second wife Margaret Glass (Coe) it States HENRY as the GROOMS father.

Any chances of finding out who his dad is?

Thanks everyone you are ALL THE BEST!
Karryn Keed

So it sounds as if you have made the certificate purchase  ;D

The information on a marriage document in accordance with the requirements of Australian civil registration is given by the two participants in the union.

There is no follow up of any kind to  verify the information, which of course can mean it is not always  correct.  This is not to imply deliberate lying ( though this does happen) but people who are unsure may "guess" or follow a belief from family stories.

However, having said that------

Where is Henry??  ;D ;D

Sue

PS
ADDING
To get the best possible help in the  forum at this stage, you need to carefully transcribe, word for word the information in every column of the certificate. This includes witnesses too.
It is surprising what a tiny detail can lead to ;)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 13 June 15 02:09 BST (UK) »
Interesting

I can see this:
"Margaret Coe (nee Glass), married her second husband Edward KEED in 1821 in
Wellington and was living at Furgersons Lane, Wellington NSW."

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/NSW-ORANGEBATHURST/2007-04/1175509604

Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 13 June 15 03:15 BST (UK) »
The author of the item seems to have sighted details from the certificate to have the residential details of the bride.

1821 is obviously a slip intended to be 1921.
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline StaceyTaylor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 24 June 16 08:42 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this thread is going any more.  But Edward Keed has the initial F A on his daughter death (with Margaret Glass/Coe)

6095/1922    KEED   DORIS M   EDWARD F A   MARGARET   WELLINGTON

7 May 1922
4 Month old The death took place at the Welington Hospital of Doris Keed, the four months old daughter of Mr and Mrs Edward Keed, of Wellington Heights. The remains were interred in the R.C. portion of the local cemetery on Sun day morning.