Author Topic: John Macaulay Gateshead 1891  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Ian Macaulay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Macaulay Gateshead 1891
« on: Friday 01 May 15 15:55 BST (UK) »
I landed by chance on roots chat.com and saw that others had researched my great grandfather john and appear to be related to me! Where do I go from here's?

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Macaulay Gateshead 1891
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 May 15 16:21 BST (UK) »
Add a post on one of the threads where they are researching your family and let them know you are interested in contact. After you have made 3 posts you will also be able to use the PM messaging system to make direct contact with the user who is researching your ancestor.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline taffie01

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 May 15 16:25 BST (UK) »
hello John and a warm welcome to RC  :)

follow Craclyn's advice

if you have looked at the previous postings and compared them to your family, the next step would be to ask a specific question. let us know any info you already have to avoid duplication.
remember we cannot search for living people RC policy, only ancestors.

do not give your personal email  in an open post.

cheers
taffie

Offline Ian Macaulay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 May 15 15:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the greeting,but how do I refind  the entry  that set me looking?

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 May 15 16:01 BST (UK) »
The main menu here has a Search option, but it seems to be non functional at the moment. You can try it later, or you can google the name you were originally searching for and limit your google search to rootschat.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 10:00 BST (UK) »
Was this the post?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=557553.18

If not, the search function seems to be working again though please note you have to be logged in to be able to use it.

Good luck.