Author Topic: James Welsh & Annie Semple Harrison  (Read 2610 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Welsh & Annie Semple Harrison
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 April 17 10:32 BST (UK) »
Rootschat is a friendly open forum where members give freely of their time, knowledge & expertise to help others with family history queries. If you click on Home on the brown bar, you will see the most recent replies to threads. A large number of people often reply to a particular thread if they can contribute to solving a problem or add information or a resource.

Have a look at this:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/how-to-use-rootschat/

You can use the Search facility to search for names/topics and you can respond to individual boards by clicking on them from where they are featured the Home page.

Make sure you have email notifications turned on in your profile so that you see any other responses to this & any thread you contribute to [go to Profile/Modify Profile & ensure 'email notifications' is checked]. 

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline ethorn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 July 18 21:27 BST (UK) »
My grandmother's brother, James Welsh b1885 married Annie Semple Harrison b1886 in Glasgow in 1908. James died in Harrow, Middlesex in 1973 and Annie in Brent, Greater London in 1976. It is unclear when they moved south, and if they had any offspring. Up to mid 1915 it is not believed they had any children. In 1932, James was living in Glasgow as he was the informant of his brother's death.

Any help appreciated!

David

Hello David,
I'm afraid I don't know whether they had children either, however it appears we are distant relatives! Annie Semple Harrison is my 3x great aunt - her sister, Isabella Boyd Harrison is my 2x great grandmother!  :) Would love to hear more about the Welsh side!

Kind regards,
Lauren

Offline killiekithnkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 17:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Lauren,

Many thanks for responding and explaining your connection. I’ve since established that James Welsh and Annie Semple Harrison had a daughter, Isabella Boyd Welsh, in 1911. She went on to marry a Joseph Boon Cantley and they had four children. I’ll private message you with my email address. Let me know If you would like me to send you the little I have on your Harrison/Boyd side and my Welsh side.

Thanks again for making contact.

All the best,

David
McMillan Kilmarnock then Glasgow (possibly earlier Mullen)
Johnston Kilmarnock
Wallace Tyrie Paton Kilmarnock
Wilson Stranraer
Bennett London Brighton Glasgow
Welsh Ayrshire Ardrossan Saltcoats West Kilbride
Boyce, Co Down, Girvan, Ardrossan, Saltcoats
Fleck West Kilbride, Stevenson, Ardrossan, Saltcoats
Sellwood, Gloucestershire, then London
Shortland, Gloucestershire area, later London
Hook, Gloucestershire, then London
Coulter, Girvan then Glasgow
Kirkland, Coylton, St Quivox Kirkmichael

Offline ethorn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Lauren,

Many thanks for responding and explaining your connection. I’ve since established that James Welsh and Annie Semple Harrison had a daughter, Isabella Boyd Welsh, in 1911. She went on to marry a Joseph Boon Cantley and they had four children. I’ll private message you with my email address. Let me know If you would like me to send you the little I have on your Harrison/Boyd side and my Welsh side.

Thanks again for making contact.

All the best,

David

Hi David,
Thank you very much! I have replied to your email  :)

Kind regards,
Lauren